Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JJ Powell RIP brother

Caspian_45

JJ was a fixture at many USPSA nationals, Area 4 and other matches around Area 4. He was always there to help out with setup and running shooters at matches. It was always great to be around him. He was always there to brighten someones day, or give them a good ribbing depending on the situation.

He was one of the patriarchs of the "Lee family". Brother Ugg Lee we love you and will miss you very much.

JJ lost his battle with cancer this morning.

Please pray for Kathie Powell and the rest of JJ's family.

Quik Lee

Edited by Caspian_45

JJ shepherded me through ROing at my first USPSA Nationals in 2006. I learned a lot from him and he will be missed.

If some of you will recall, Tom Fee (also recently passed on) hired models to pick up scoresheets and deliver cold drinks to the ROs. JJ didn't know about it. He was sitting in a lawn chair, feet up, cigar hanging out of his mouth. One of these very fine looking ladies walks up behind him, leans down and whispers in his ear "Can I get you anything sir." JJ slowly turns his head, his eyes opening wide to take in the beauty standing beside him and says "Why yes, I think you can." If you know JJ, I am sure you can see the gleam that was in his eye.

RIP JJ. :cheers:

JJ was always a pleasure to see at the Nationals. Quick wit, a disarming smile and sometimes a razor shape tongue. God takes special folks sometimes just to brighten heaven!

My prayers and condolences to the family and other friends of JJ Powell. JJ is with GOD let him comfort you.