Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Holster

ScoutII

Tom,

Not knowing if you are shooting Open or Tactical Division but:

My vote is the Blade-Tech DOH (Drop Off Hand)with a Tech-Loc belt attachment for quick attachment and detachment. Very secure and makes more space for other things like SG shell caddy's. COM (Center of Mass) makes a very good 3 Gun holster too.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Busyhawk

I'm getting rid of my Blade Tech for 3-Gun and swapping to a Safariland ALS holster. Probably a model 6378. Excellent retention and speed for holstered pistol starts where you may have some prone or running to do before shooting the handgun. It's also the best with the ELS system, which is freaking awesome.

I'm getting rid of my Blade Tech for 3-Gun and swapping to a Safariland ALS holster. Probably a model 6378. Excellent retention and speed for holstered pistol starts where you may have some prone or running to do before shooting the handgun. It's also the best with the ELS system, which is freaking awesome.

I have a Safariland ALS 6377 (I think) love it. Bought it for my Glock 19, will probably use it with my Glock 34 once Xmas gets here. The barrel extends about 1", but I don't really see that causing any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought starting prone with a live hand gun was an automatic "DQ", unless the 180 rule does not apply at that stage location. Or, I guess it hasn't been "made ready" yet.

Lots of matches start you prone with a rifle or on a roof with a rifle or prone, behind a SAW (FB3G!!!) with a holstered pistol. Some are loaded all the way, some mag in chamber empty, some loaded all the way up. You need to read the rules and listen to the brief before each stage. I would buy my equipment knowing that at some point I'll be laying in the dirt with a pistol holstered on my hip.

Also, I got my new duty gun with a 6377 for a duty (plainclothes) holster. I doubt this thing is any slower than my Blade Tech DOH. It's fast. Very easy to learn how to use also. I qualified without practicing with the gun or the holster. No bobbles on the draw and very fast draws. All my Serpa's are going bye-bye.

When I free up some extra cash I intend to get a Safariland security holster for 3 gun. Looking back at the Lake stage at the Ozarks I had to crank down my Blade Tec screws real tight so my handgun wouldn't fall or get bumped out. I just don't trust it to hold a 45 oz CZ.

Jay

I use a Safariland ALS holster not just in 3 gun, but also in LTD and PRD and I like it a lot. It is very secure, easy to draw from (fast), and easy to reholster. Another feature I like about it is you can replace either the belt loop (6377) or the paddle (6378) with a "drop" shank. This will lower the holster similiar to a Blade Tech DOH if that is your preference. Most importantly, the ALS 6377 / 6378 retails between $40 - $50! Great quality at a low price.

I use a Safariland ALS holster not just in 3 gun, but also in LTD and PRD and I like it a lot. It is very secure, easy to draw from (fast), and easy to reholster. Another feature I like about it is you can replace either the belt loop (6377) or the paddle (6378) with a "drop" shank. This will lower the holster similiar to a Blade Tech DOH if that is your preference. Most importantly, the ALS 6377 / 6378 retails between $40 - $50! Great quality at a low price.

Do you have a link for the Drop shank?

I have the 6377 and love it.

Thanks.

Alden

Thanks.

Alden

The drop plate is called the 6070UBL and then there is one that drops 1.5" lower and is the 6075UBL.

The 6070 drops as much as the DOH. The 6075 drops it too far down for my taste.

One problem is that the UBL is designed for a 2.25" belt and leaves room for alot of movement on a 1.75" belt.

The 6377 comes with just the belt slide attachment designed for belts up to 1.75" depending on which spacers you leave attached.

The 6378 comes with the paddle attached but also comes with the belt slide that is attached to the 6377.

The 6379 comes with the Safariland locking belt clip.

The 6378 tends to run about $4-$5 more in cost.

Thanks.

Alden

The drop plate is called the 6070UBL and then there is one that drops 1.5" lower and is the 6075UBL.

The 6070 drops as much as the DOH. The 6075 drops it too far down for my taste.

One problem is that the UBL is designed for a 2.25" belt and leaves room for alot of movement on a 1.75" belt.

The 6377 comes with just the belt slide attachment designed for belts up to 1.75" depending on which spacers you leave attached.

The 6378 comes with the paddle attached but also comes with the belt slide that is attached to the 6377.

The 6379 comes with the Safariland locking belt clip.

The 6378 tends to run about $4-$5 more in cost.

00bullitt hit it right on the head. I am using a 2.25 belt, but a co-worker has used it with his CR Speed belt, but I'm not sure if he uses a spacer or not. You can go to Safariland's web site and view their catalog. the UBL and spacer are on page 29.

• 2 months later...

Not true. Several of us are running ELS for our holsters as well. That way the plate is available for "other" stuff as well.

How so, I only briefly looked but the ELS hook doesn't span the distance of the holster mount screws.....?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...