Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K-frame grips?

M1911

I've just started using my 4" Model 66 for IDPA. I find the stock grips to be just a bit too big for my medium sized hands. What grips do you suggest that would be a bit thinner than the factory grips?

I have small hands and bought a pair of Hogue 2 piece wood grips back in 1976. They sat in my junk box until I decided to pick up a S&W 686 and try IDPA with it. They have slight finger grooves and are checkered and work great for me. Hogue wood monogrips are similar. You might check out what some of the local revo shooters are using plus what comes standard on some of the S&W PC guns.

FWIW

Richard

If you swap reload try the Miculek grips. I really like them and find they fit nicely.

www.bang-inc.com

+1 to the Miculek grips. My wife has small hands and the Miculek grips fit them very nicely. Oddly Jerry (Miculek) seems to have large hands. Go figure.

-ld

http://www.nill-grips.com/Special-grips-for-revolvers_108.html

on the bottum of the page there is the PPC grip, I have small hands and use this grip on my open class mod 10. K nill is a German brand with top quality grips, but not cheap.

actually a vriend reproduced the grips in some kind of epoxy, so you can chose your own collor (he stopped making them, troubles with K nill :-( )

this is my fun shooter ( won the Belgian pin championship with this gun)

2agpzdu.jpg

gr T

Not really, you smoked me by about 6 seconds on stage 4 last saturday. I know its a long drive, but this Saturday and Sunday is the day/night/day match at "The Range" in Oxford, NC. Sat day/night will be 2 matches in 1 day if you want to come down. Reloading a revo at night in the dark with a flashlight in your hand can be fun !!!!!

I just got a pair of the Miculek smooth grips last night. They seem to be an improvement over the factory grips, but I'll get a better idea at tomorrow's match. The Nills grips look great, but the price -- ouch!

Thanks for the suggestions.

The one thing I had to do on mine was remove a little material that interfered with the speedloaders. The JM grips might be done already but don't be afraid to file a little to get them just right.

I did some practice reloads tonight using jetloaders and snap caps and didn't have any problems. So I think they're good to go. Will find out in the match tomorrow :D

several years ago, I had my open gun stolen and the only thing in the safe suitable for USPSA was a K frame S&W. While I was waiting for my new open gun, I shot the revo for a couple of matches. It was a lot of fun but not as much fun as the squad had making fun of me. I'll never forget Taran Butlercalling me Dirty Harry the whole match. :)

• 1 month later...