Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many cartridges do you make in one siting?

M-Bear

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 200-600 pistol, 50-400 rifle

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 0-600, just depends on plans, upcoming matches or classes, work schedule.

Which press do you use? Hornady LnL AP + case feeder

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 400-600. Most days it's not a race - I'm sure I could go faster, but why?

How long is your average loading session? 30-90 mins

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Most likely the LnL AP, but I'd consider the XL650 at a good price, or the upcoming RCBS 7 stage, depending on price.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? Right around 500

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? Depends, I load as needed and as I have supplies. Might load 2000 one week, then nothing for a few weeks.

Which press do you use? Hornady LnL with case feeder

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? About 500 once the press is set. Im not in a big hurry, I do this for fun.

How long is your average loading session? 2 hours give or take

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Likely another LnL, but would consider a 650. RCBS's new 5 and 7 stage look interesting as well. They all have their good and bad points! :)

Im a relative noob compared to some of you guys, but I find alot of enjoyment in just hanging out in my garage, most of the time with my son, and loading a few hundred at a sitting. I tend to let my brass accumulate until have a thousand on hand that need prepping, then Ill sit down and prep cases for a couple hours to get ready for my next loading session. This way I can keep a few thousand ready to load cases on hand for my next reloading run.

How many cartridges do you load in a session. 50-100

How many cartridges do you load in a week. 0. I procrastinate and usually dont' load until the week of a match and spread it out over 3 or 4 nights. I shoot on average once every month or two. I have two small kids(2 year old and an 8 mo old) so I don't get out much.

Which press do you use. Lee Classic Turret

How many cartridges can you load in an hour. 100

How long is your average loading session. 1/2-1 hour after the kids go to bed in the evening.

What would you buy if your equipment was lost or stolen. 650 or 1050, shit who am I kidding no way in hell the wife would let me spend that kind of money, probably another turret or square deal b.

Edited by Fordfan485

I'll play...

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 1000 to 2000 if I'm loading 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP or 223.

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 0 - I usually only load when my stock gets low and that all depends on how much shooting I am doing. Right now with the cold and ice my ammo consumption has been 0 rounds for the last month.

Which press do you use? For Handgun, Dillon 650. For 223, Dillon 1050. For most other stuff, Dillon 550.

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? ( not loading 100 and using math to get your answer but how many in a real hour if you were going to load for 2 or more hours straight? Burst rates are fine but the are a lot higher than you would get if it was your 8 hour a day job. I can load 100 rounds of 40 in about 6 minutes on the 650. Then I stop, put more brass in the brass feeder, add another 100 primers to the primer tube and load the tray with another handful of bullets. I probably average ~10 minutes per hundred by the time I do all the stuff. I don't load to see how fast I can get done.

How long is your average loading session? A few hours generally

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? I'd replace whatever got stolen/lost with an identical machine.

Edited by Mr. Chitlin

• 3 weeks later...

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 300-400

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 600-800

Which press do you use? Hornady L&L AP with case feeder

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? ( not loading 100 and using math to get your answer but how many in a real hour if you were going to load for 2 or more hours straight? Burst rates are fine but the are a lot higher than you would get if it was your 8 hour a day job. 400-500

How long is your average loading session? 45-60 mins

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? I'm happy with my Hornady and have 15,000 rounds loaded. I would have to look at a Dillon 650 though.

I do a hundo at a time and then take a "smoke break" In about ten minutes I come back and do it all over again. If I stay gone more than ten minutes I have to be re-trained. :) I might load just enough for a match or I might load 3000 rounds, just depends on how much time I have but I always take a small break between primer tubes.

If some low life piece of shit stole my equipment I would replace it with whatever I decided to or could afford. I don't ask permission to be a man.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I usually only make 100 or 200. One of the unfortunate advantages/disadvantages of living in the Northeast without access to adequate indoor range--plenty of time to reload in Winter months.

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 1500-3000

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 0 - I usually only load when my stock gets low. I try to keep at the very least, 1000 rounds of each caliber

Which press do you use? Dillon XL650

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? Approximately 300 - 500 depending on the caliber

How long is your average loading session? 6-7 hrs including prep and cleanup

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Definitely a Dillon 650.

• 2 weeks later...

Average session? Varies greatly. 100-1200

Average week? Varies too much to say.

In an hour? 300-450.

Length of an average session? Define session. If I know it's going to be an all day affair then I take a break usually every 60-90 minutes. But I have had a break free session last 4 hours. Was about to go blind.

Equipment- a Blue 550. Have never used anything else.

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 1000

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 1000, every other week or so

Which press do you use? Dillon XL 650 w/casefeeder

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 700-900, if primer tubes are filled ahead of time, and not including inspection (I case gauge and inspect for primer seating 100%)

How long is your average loading session? A little over an hour

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Dillon XL 650

Edited by FTDMFR

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 800+

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? I load about 2K of 9mm over the course of two nights once a month, maybe another 200-400 of random calibers throughout the month. Usually done on my 550b once a month in a hour.

Which press do you use? 550b/s1050

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 1000+ on the s1050 with RF100, also have 10 of each size primer tubes.

How long is your average loading session? 1hr

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? On Friday I'm adding a xl650 to the mix :) I would not hesitate to replace the 550b/s1050 with like items, same goes for the co-ax, I'm sure the xl650 will also solidify it place eventually :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by safeactionjackson

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 3-500.

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? Winter - none :(. Summer 500-1000. Probably going 2x up as my son is getting into center fire.

Which press do you use? Cough cough (lee load master) cough cough. It works, but does need love at times.

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? ( not loading 100 and using math to get your answer but how many in a real hour if you were going to load for 2 or more hours straight? Burst rates are fine but the are a lot higher than you would get if it was your 8 hour a day job.

I do about 300 in an hour at a relaxed steady beat. If "humping it" I've done close to 500, but the stars have to align and it's really too fast.

How long is your average loading session? Usually 1-2 hours, with the norm being closer to an hour and a half with clean up.

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? If I had the $, dillon 650. The lee load master works well making relatively few rounds a week and is good value for the $, but loves attention.

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 200-500

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 200-500 some weeks and nothing other weeks

The most I have loaded at one time was 1000. My son was helping so it went pretty quick.

Which press do you use? Lee Loadmaster

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 400 with a small break every hundred or so to fill up the primer tray, brass and powder

How long is your average loading session? 1/2 hour to 1 hour

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? I'm torn here. I WANT to upgrade to a nicer press but I don't NEED to. That said I would probably get one of the Square Deals from Dillon.

• 1 month later...

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 100-200 during load development, 500-1K for proven loads

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 400

Which press do you use? Dillon XL650 with casefeeder

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 600-800 for 45 ACP/38 SPCL type stuff (if my automatic primer filler is cooperating...), half that for 454 Casull or any load approaching pressure limits for the cartridge.

How long is your average loading session? an hour

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Dillon XL650 with all the goodies

I load on a Dillon Super 1050

Fully automatic, and I like to run at least 1,000 for each caliber 9mm & .40 S&W. My loader does 950 rounds per hour so with primer fills, and additional brass in the case feeder i spend 1 1/2 hr.

Depending on shells on hand I might just load 1 K in each shell.

:cheers:

• 1 month later...

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 300

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 500-600

Which press do you use? Dillon RL550b

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 400

How long is your average loading session? 45min-1hr

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Dillon XL 650 w/ case feeder

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 600-800

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? I don't really load on a weekly basis. Maybe 1000 p/month

Which press do you use? XL-650

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 800

How long is your average loading session? 1-2 hrs

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? 1050 w/auto drive for sure

How many cartridges do you make in an average loading session? 1,000 ish

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 10,000 - See note

Which press do you use? Dillon 550

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? Can't remember

How long is your average loading session? Until I've run out of cases

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Possibly XL650

*Note.

I only used to reload for 1 week in May, prior to the Bianchi Cup, so all of my match and practice ammo had to be done in that time.

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? 500

Which press do you use? Dillon 650XL, with RF100

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? 800

How long is your average loading session? 90 minutes

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Dillon 650XL and RF100

I love the 650XL. It's a solid design for long runs of 45ACP, 9mm and 308WIN with easy setup, caliber changes, and cleanup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Niland

How many cartridges do you make in an average week? Highly variable depending on schedule, goal is to shoot 20K/year

Which press do you use? Dillon 1050/Mr. Bullet Feeder (MBF)

How many cartridges can you load in an hour? Peak measured output is 1000 in 30 minutes, IF everything is prepped and I have no significant failures. Not much fun though,. More realistically 1000 in 45 minutes taking my time.

How long is your average loading session? 1-2 hours, manually filling primer tubes, QC'ing loaded ammo, fooling around.

Knowing what you know now if your reloading equipment was lost or stolen what would you buy today? Dillon 1050/MBF or 2, plus probably replace 550b with a 650/MBF for other lower-volume calibers.