Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun optic

match308

Like to keep it under $800. Ill give the Trijicon and Tac30 a look. The problem I had with the XTR was the reticle was a bit too small and dim to pickup with close targets while using it as you would an etch or c- more. I've used an Eotech with a flip to side mount and a 1-4 with a firesight mounted on top but I found shortcomings with both. Thanks

whats your price range? Meopta Kdot, burris tac30, and the Trijicons all look like good scopes.

i have the Tac30 and like it so far.

Edited by match308

I use the Meopta , and I can shoot targets under 25 yards on 4 power with a left eye target focus ,= thats how brite the dot is. longer shots I use the post. most targets I use 1 power and adjust the red to suite the stage.

I got a Millet for the rimfire gun practice, but I did not even like it for that, = the Meopta makes it so you could never use a Millet again

Like to keep it under $800. Ill give the Trijicon and Tac30 a look. The problem I had with the XTR was the reticle was a bit too small and dim to pickup with close targets while using it as you would an etch or c- more.

With that information, you are probably going to end up with the Meopta or the 1-4 Tac30. Both are good and bright. The Trijicon is uncluttered, but they don't have a simple BDC and they are not that bright for occluded shooting. I've been using a 1-4 Tac30 for a few months now and really like it. It is still exclusive at Midway for another month or so.

I've got a Leupold CQT on a duty rifle that I really like a lot. I was a die hard Eotech user, but after I tried teh CQT I came to reallylike it. With the battery turned on, the circle and the dot are easy to find. with the battery turned off, the circle and dot appear teh same black as standard scope reticles. I also came to like the 1x-3x magnification adjustment. On 1x it works like any other heads-up display type of dot sight. The bad thing is that at $900.00 it stretches you budget a bit.