Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Afetrmarket G34 Barrel

ranger

I would like to buy an aftermarket barrel for my G34 so that I can shoot lead bullets (I have a lot of 9mm lead projectiles left over from years of reloading).

Any advice on a barrel? Anyone have one for sale?

Scott

What is wrong with your stock barrel? I shoot hundreds of rounds a week of 9mm lead bullets through a G34. One would think this urban legend would die. The Glock barrel is easier to clean than a normally rifled barrel. We shoot a 125 gr lead bullet from Valiant Bullets. Two passes with a brass brush and a couple of patches with Hoppes leaves the barrel spotlessly clean. There are little if any lead deposits in the barrel after firing several hundred rounds per practice session.

I am also looking for an aftermarket barrel for a Glock 35 so I can shoot the lead AND have a supported chamber, something I am concerned about with the .40 S&W. I usually hear about KKM and Bar Sto. What about Jarvis and Olympic Arms?

Barsto makes the best barrels, has the best product support and sponsors tons of matches every year.

No matter what barrel manufacturer might tell you there is no such thing as a fully supported glock barrel. Barsto and some other barrels have a tigher chamber and more case support than factory but fully supported does not exist.