Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heavy Metal-How do you carry mags?

DMAC

I may shoot my 308 at FB3G. I have plenty of 308 PMAGS, but I have no way to carry them. I normally have a Blade-tech AR-15 Tech-Lock mag pouch on my CR Speed Belt.

What type of mag pouches do you carry for these mags and how do you carry them. If I am going to do this, I need to get some ASAP. Thanks in advance for your help!

I use the blade-tech kydex for my M1A mags mounted on an Eagle thigh rig. I would prefer to wear them on my belt, but with shotshell carriers and 4 single stack pistol mags I ran out of room. I'm not crazy about the kydex holders, I had to heat them up to get the mags to go in with the bullets to the rear. They are made for carrying the mag with bullets forward.

The Wilderness Tactical carriers shown above get great reviews. The other nice thing about a 7.62 mag is it fits in your back pocket nicely, without being able to move around much.

I've used the pouches by 3 Gun Gear with my .308 and they work great.

My link

Thanks for all of the replies!

It looks like the blade-tech holders won't fit the 308 PMAG.

I have a pocket that will work well, but I may need to hold a few more mags since I am going to shoot my 308 in tac optics at FB3G.

That 3 Gun gear pouch looks perfect and I can just loop the straps around my CR Speed belt!

I called 3 Gun gear and they are shipping today. Now I just need to pull my scope of my 223 and sight it in for my 308.

This is my first step towards HM.....baby steps....

Edited by DMAC

Sorry I didn't see this sooner- I shot my LR-308/Fulton Armory 308 for the first time at the Florida Sunshine Games and used these 1st time also, with 7.62 P-Mags: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=174348

They were excellent, I use the 5.56 versions also with P-Mags. No issues, holds the mags tightly.

Good luck, I'll be shooting my LR-308 at Benning too.

I use a mag pouch made by Rail Mag with a belt clip attachment, but the design has since been taken over by Safariland and is now the model 774-308-13. I use to run the metal DPMS 308 mags in it, then the PMags without any problems. I could place the mags in the pouch in either direction. At one point, I shared my gear with a friend running an M1A and with just a little adjustment, he was able to place his pouches in the pouch too. One thing I like about it is the belt clip that allow me to put it on and take it off without having to take off my belt.

I'm surprised the Blade Tech pouches will not fit the PMags. Have you tried to call Blade Tech? You can also call Brownells and their people there would actually check the fit for you.

I use a mag pouch made by Rail Mag with a belt clip attachment, but the design has since been taken over by Safariland and is now the model 774-308-13. I use to run the metal DPMS 308 mags in it, then the PMags without any problems. I could place the mags in the pouch in either direction. At one point, I shared my gear with a friend running an M1A and with just a little adjustment, he was able to place his pouches in the pouch too. One thing I like about it is the belt clip that allow me to put it on and take it off without having to take off my belt.

I'm surprised the Blade Tech pouches will not fit the PMags. Have you tried to call Blade Tech? You can also call Brownells and their people there would actually check the fit for you.

I read some feedback on this forum and on Brownell's and no one had luck getting the Blade Tech pouch to fit AR-10 mags, but no one specifically mentioned the 308 PMAG. I couldn't even find this product on the Blade Tech website.

I'll see how the 3 Gun Gear pouch goes next weekend and go from there. Thanks for the Safariland info!

Edit. I got the 3 Gun Gear Double Mag pouch and it looks like it is going to work just fine. One less excuse for now.

Edited by DMAC

• 1 month later...

As another data point: I personally use home-made kydex pouches. A couple of tek-loc's, a [bladetech] hardware kit, Sheet kydex [available at any RC hobby shop] a heat gun and a towel is all I used. It's very possible that you could modify the Blade-tech .308 pouch to fit pmags if needed, with the same process... Email me if you are interested in instructions or pictures [OP or reader]

As another data point: I personally use home-made kydex pouches. A couple of tek-loc's, a [bladetech] hardware kit, Sheet kydex [available at any RC hobby shop] a heat gun and a towel is all I used. It's very possible that you could modify the Blade-tech .308 pouch to fit pmags if needed, with the same process... Email me if you are interested in instructions or pictures [OP or reader]

Thanks! This sounds interesting. E-mail sent.