Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

White backers dissappear in the sun with sand/brown dirt behind them.

Denise

In the same way the white backer disappears, the front flasher board on the MGM's, when white, blends into the whole target. When the target plate is white. At distance of course, with irons.

If I'm shooting a scope, fluorescent orange please, backer is optional.

If I am shooting iron sights, I still like orange as long as there is contrast against the background. Otherwise give me black against white.

I am also in the 4 moa target size club with Trapr

The best all round color is flourecent line marking BLUE, it doesn't blend into anything. you usually don't need backers, even in shadows it showes up real well and it doesn't bloom out like Flourecent orange does.....BUT you do need to paint the targets every once in a while, and since in the U.S. that simply can't be done, why are we talking color?

BTW, if you want to see what Kurt is referring to about contrast and painting targets, come to the High Plains Shooting Challenge, Carbine match. I guarantee you will see the targets, and that every shooters plate will have a "fresh" coat of paint on them, and the match will not run behind.

its called,..........planning and using your resources.

hope to see you all there, apps will not be accepted prior to them being posted on the website :devil: .

Trapr