Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello, from WA State!

metalguy

Hey everyone! I am a gun enthusiast from the (liberal) Western Washington State. I have had guns for years, but am new to the Tanfoglio TA-90 I now have, that I picked uo used at a local gun show. I love the gun, but can't find hardly any info on it. I am here to learn. I also recently got into AR's, and reloading, and love the thread on reloading set ups. Looking forward to learning about matches (three gun sounds interesting)and other related topics.------Metalguy ;)

Washington state is not as "liberal" as lot of people think it is. For instance we've had a shall-issue concealed carry permit here since 1965. It has a reputation as a liberal state because the two largest and most important cities in the state, Seattle and Olympia the state capital, are liberal cities. However, through some sociocultural quirk I don't pretend to understand, they are liberal cities that have been dropped down within what is, otherwise, one of the most whitebread, conservative states in the union. As a gun owner I feel very lucky to live in Washington state. This is a very rich area for the shooting sports. I have been told that the Renton USPSA club is one of the oldest in the country.

Well Duane, WESTERN Washington is one of the most liberal places one can find. As for Seattle and Olympia being the most important cities in the state, well...that is supremely questionable. Largest, yes. I do enjoy this beautiful state, but when our rights as gun owners are questioned by Mayors who don't want us in public parks, and places like Starbucks falling in line as well, liberal is the word of the day. I grew up in Eastern WA, the conservative side.-----Metalguy ;)

I am super new at the SPORT of pistol shooting, and have no clue as to what all the acronyns even mean...IDPA? I have been shooting for years, just plinking with family mostly, and at the range with friends, but would like to see, and possibly participate in matches. They sound like a LOT of fun. I recently started reloading (building an AR or two will make you want to keep them fed) and enjoy that aspect almost as much as shooting. -----Metalguy

Welcome to the forum and just because you live on the wet side doesn't mean you always need to shoot there. We have some good clubs and matches on the east side too. Tri Cities, Ephrata, and Spokane all have good clubs and matches. Your AR build would be handy for the 3 gun matches over here as well.