Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 21 SF RTF-2: Any Opinions?

Glock20

I have not been able to hold any rtf2 Glocks. I have several gen3's that i like. I found one at local dealer who has a G21sf rtf2 for sale. I'm thinking about trading my standard G21. I here these are hard to find. Does anyone have both as a comparison? Thanks in advance

Edited by Glock20

I have tested a Glock 17 with the RTF-2 texturing. I don't love it. In my experience it interferes with shifting my grip on the gun during a speedload. The RTF-4 on the other hand (pun intended) is an entirely better proposition, grippy enough for added traction, but not so grippy I can't manipulate the gun efficiently.

I have tested a Glock 17 with the RTF-2 texturing. I don't love it. In my experience it interferes with shifting my grip on the gun during a speedload. The RTF-4 on the other hand (pun intended) is an entirely better proposition, grippy enough for added traction, but not so grippy I can't manipulate the gun efficiently.

I agree. I might even use a Gen4 without grip tape that has been applied to every other Glock that I have ever owned. I know this is really bucking tradition.....

I bought two from Ed's Public Safety. I have one that gets used a bunch and It's one of my favorite Glocks. I run it in CDP and may start using it to play a bit in limited 10. The texturing is not nearly as rough as my fish gill Glock 19 RTF 2. I only wish I could get a RTF Glock 34. So, IMO, I would buy it in a heart beat. I sold my regular 21sf as soon as I shot the first RTF 2 a couple times.

I bought two from Ed's Public Safety. I have one that gets used a bunch and It's one of my favorite Glocks. I run it in CDP and may start using it to play a bit in limited 10. The texturing is not nearly as rough as my fish gill Glock 19 RTF 2. I only wish I could get a RTF Glock 34. So, IMO, I would buy it in a heart beat. I sold my regular 21sf as soon as I shot the first RTF 2 a couple times.

Let me make sure i understand you . Your 21 rtf2 is less aggressive as compared to your 19 rtf2.? Thanks for all the info. i appreciate it. BTW sounds like your 19rtf2gills would be a little rough for carry purposes.

Edited by Glock20

Interesting. I wonder if the current "RTF-2" has been a bit toned down compared to early examples.

Do you think the rtf2 is more aggressive in the compact Glocks and maybe less is the full size as the 17 and 21 models? I have no idea this is just a thought..Thanks for the help.

IMHO, the "RTF2" Grip Texture on the 21 SF-RTF2 IS Less "Aggressive" than the RTF2 texture on the small-frame Glocks...I say this having had two of the 21 SF-RTF2's and three of the small-frame Glocks with the RTF2 Grip Texture...FWIW....mikey357

IMHO, the "RTF2" Grip Texture on the 21 SF-RTF2 IS Less "Aggressive" than the RTF2 texture on the small-frame Glocks...I say this having had two of the 21 SF-RTF2's and three of the small-frame Glocks with the RTF2 Grip Texture...FWIW....mikey357

Thats exactly what a tech. told me. But some will same there the same. So know i found the answer thanks to you, again thanks

Edited by Glock20

Rumor has it that RTF-2 will be discontinued for 2011. Personally, I don't like it, especially in a carry type of holster, too harsh. As for the SF, I think the triggers are harder to get good and actually start off worse, if that matters to you.

There's no doubt in my mind the RTF-2, if carried concealed, would swiftly wear a hole in the lining of the covering garment.

I have been carrying a G19 with RTF-2 for over a year with no serious wear on my clothing. Personally I love it and prefer it greatly over the previous version.

Tim

G17 (RTF-2)

G19 (RTF-2)

G22

Interesting. I wonder if the current "RTF-2" has been a bit toned down compared to early examples.

Do you think the rtf2 is more aggressive in the compact Glocks and maybe less is the full size as the 17 and 21 models? I have no idea this is just a thought..Thanks for the help.

For what it's worth the RTF-2 is the dame on my G19 as it is on my G17.

Wearing holes in cover garments?????????? Too harsh????????????Interfering with shifting your grip?????????? You guys are talking about the plastic framed rtf2 Glocks right? C'mon...........get real. Those little bumps on my Gen 3 G19 rtf2 aren't gonna wear out anything.

Rumor has it that RTF-2 will be discontinued for 2011. Personally, I don't like it, especially in a carry type of holster, too harsh. As for the SF, I think the triggers are harder to get good and actually start off worse, if that matters to you.

That’s too bad about discontinuing the RTF2 platform, I really like the RTF2 slide serrations. I have big hands and they probably won’t chew my hands up as much as the regular serrations.

As for the SF triggers not being as good, I would have to second that. Mine has been a PITA to get as good as my G35 triggers. I’m not sure exactly what the difference is between the SF and non-SF trigger systems is but it’s definitely been tougher to get a good trigger on the SF. If you try one of the lower weight connectors (Glockworx V2 2lb connector for example), the connector ramp draws the trigger bar right into the corner of the drop safety and it binds up. This happens with a few other non-glockworx connectors too, but that one was the worst and all of the ones I tried did the same thing. I wasn’t comfortable with trimming the safety though so I ended up using the lone wolf connector.

"Rumor has it that RTF-2 will be discontinued for 2011. Personally, I don't like it, especially in a carry type of holster, too harsh. As for the SF, I think the triggers are harder to get good and actually start off worse, if that matters to you."

Actually, the RTF2 Texture will STILL be available for order/purchase by LE Agencies and perhaps individual Officers...IF you are a GSSF Member, send me a "PM" and I can direct you to a Glock Dealer who participated in the GSSF Discount program--and is quite willing to SHIP--who will sell the RTF2 guns to ALL GSSF members...HTH....mikey357

Sorry for the delay, well i found a G17 rtf2 and really liked the texture alot so also bought a 19 rtf2 and 21sf rtf2. You never really know what Glock might drop or not so went ahead and made these purchases. I also found a new G24 and plan on buying a .357sig barrel from LoneWolf. I know a guy who has a 24 lower and the upper is all LoneWolf in .357sig it is amazed how accurate at his over 100 yd range in his back yard this gun is. Thanks to all for the help i appreciate it. The rtf2 is a love it or dis-like it for most.

I think the texture is the same on the compacts to the fullsize in rtf2(being aggressive). Reason the fullsize i would think has more of area for displacement of the pyramids. Just my .02 worth. I joined the GSSF also.. As of now i carry a G32 EDC But any of my G19's with +9+ would serve as well.

Edited by Glock20

Sorry for the delay, well i found a G17 rtf2 and really liked the texture alot so also bought a 19 rtf2 and 21sf rtf2. You never really know what Glock might drop or not so went ahead and made these purchases. I also found a new G24 and plan on buying a .357sig barrel from LoneWolf. I know a guy who has a 24 lower and the upper is all LoneWolf in .357sig it is amazed how accurate at his over 100 yd range in his back yard this gun is. Thanks to all for the help i appreciate it. The rtf2 is a love it or dis-like it for most.

I think the texture is the same on the compacts to the fullsize in rtf2(being aggressive). Reason the fullsize i would think has more of area for displacement of the pyramids. Just my .02 worth. I joined the GSSF also.. As of now i carry a G32 EDC But any of my G19's with +9+ would serve as well.

It's already been reported on GT that the RTF2 will only be available to LE.