Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geissele Super 3 Gun Trigger

J-Rob

I see that Geissele has come out with a brand new trigger group. (here) Is anyone here using one or have used one? I'm thinking of putting one in my AR for 3 Gun, but was wondering if there's anything out there comparable to the S3G trigger.

I just happened to read 00bullitt's brief review in another thread today. Apparently the Noveske team's been using them for a while, and Tod says it's the best he's used. And you know he's used them all. It's in the thread about triggers without screw adjustments.

Weird. Looks like Tod & I were typing simultaneously.

Edited by Revopop

id like to shoot a mag or so with it before I commit to the purchase to see how it feels. sounds terrific, but a little different than most others?

Also, is this trigger a user-friendly easy install or is it tricky?

Edited by Corey

id like to shoot a mag or so with it before I commit to the purchase to see how it feels. sounds terrific, but a little different than most others?

Also, is this trigger a user-friendly easy install or is it tricky?

I don't know about this one but the 2 stages are fairly simple with exellent instructions, and very worth the price.

I run the S3G trigger too and with a little tweaking it's very nice, probably the best I've used to date. I've tried triggers from JP, McCormick, pact, Jewell, timney and A couple others and the new S3G is as good or better than all of them. And super easy to install with a great feel without adjustment.

I have a pact AR gold that feels really nice but the pre travel is terrible. As soon as I can get the S3G trigger pull to around 1.5 pounds I'll be very happy :)

I run the S3G trigger too and with a little tweaking it's very nice, probably the best I've used to date. I've tried triggers from JP, McCormick, pact, Jewell, timney and A couple others and the new S3G is as good or better than all of them. And super easy to install with a great feel without adjustment.

I have a pact AR gold that feels really nice but the pre travel is terrible. As soon as I can get the S3G trigger pull to around 1.5 pounds I'll be very happy :)

If they are non adjustable, how are you going to tweak it? just pay with the springs? Just curious as to how one may adjust this trigger and its seriously on my mind to pick up over the winter and get it set up and ready for next season.

Yeah, the easy adjustment is a real plus for me. I had a JP kit to install, but after watching the CD I ended up selling it. I can put together a lower, but that's only about as complicated as an Erector set. If it gets more complicated than that, I'm out. I ran Glocks for 5 years and never even learned how to detail strip one.

If they are non adjustable, how are you going to tweak it? just pay with the springs? Just curious as to how one may adjust this trigger and its seriously on my mind to pick up over the winter and get it set up and ready for next season.

Springs. That's really all there is to play with as the hammer to sear engagement is perfect. Keep in mind that stock the S3G has a little under 3 pound break. I just like to mess with stuff :)

Springs. That's really all there is to play with as the hammer to sear engagement is perfect. Keep in mind that stock the S3G has a little under 3 pound break. I just like to mess with stuff :)

i may need to check thing out one day :) it does sound promising tho.

I purchased one recently and I am waiting to install it on a new Noveske lower and upper than I am waiting on. The Noveske teams endorsement is good enough for me plus all my other triggers except one are Geiselle match triggers which are also great.

Pat

Thank you for the thread. Been waiting for this to come out after reading a few teasers. Wouldn't have known it was available 'til I read this. Placed my order late last night and can't wait to get it. The only problem I have with this forum is..... I managed to stop myself from doing the late night ebay thing a few years ago. Saved a ton of money not surfing and reading late into the night. Vintage Griswold cast iron frying pans and such.... Looks like my old habits are back with a vengeance. At least I get stuff that's a lot more fun now!!!