Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large grips

dagger10k

When I first started USPSA, I started with a CZ 75B in 40 S&W in limited 10. I eventually moved onto a Glock 20 because the CZ was a bit too small for my hands, and a bit too snappy at major power factor. However, I have been wanting to shoot production recently, and I figured maybe I'd load some gentle 40 minor and use it. I'm gonna need a much bigger grip, however, If I'm gonna be able to really hold onto it.

Are there any other CZ shooters out there with big hands? I've been looking at the grips on CZ custom, but I don't have a good feel for how big they are. Are there any grips out there that really change the feel of the gun over the plastic factory grips? I'm looking for a longer trigger reach so I can get my trigger finger in the right place, and more space for my support hand on the gun.

I put Hogue's on my 75B. I hated the finger grooves, so I cut them off with a razor blade and a little fine sandpaper. I like them much better now. They are a little thicker than the standard plastic grip panels. It is a cheaper option than factory rubbers and maybe a little thicker.

Dennis

mite sound a lil simplistic, but greg, out at yolo used a piece of a ruler under each of his grip panels to give them a lil girth for his big paws...which got me to thinking, why not take the grip panel off, trace it on some wood that is double the thickness of the current grip panel, counter sink the holes a lil bit and you could use the same grip screws, a lil sandpaper a lil varnish and voila!!! thicker grips....may sound or be a lil bit of work, but then again you will get what you want, as apposed to tryin to make store-bought work, these guns are all projects right??? hehehe i still have some that are still in the white because i still havent decided if i am done tinkerin with em

Again not sure if it'd be legal or not per 22.2 for production... Darn production rules

In any case, CZ grips are not flat on the inside. They wrap around the backstrap a little bit at the back. If it wasn't for that, I'd totally make my own. I know I could make flat ones, but fitting an inside corner like that is probably outside of my abilities.

I'll probably just get a Glock 34 for production in the end... maybe next year when my GSSF discount comes back alive.

mite sound a lil simplistic, but greg, out at yolo used a piece of a ruler under each of his grip panels to give them a lil girth for his big paws...which got me to thinking, why not take the grip panel off, trace it on some wood that is double the thickness of the current grip panel, counter sink the holes a lil bit and you could use the same grip screws, a lil sandpaper a lil varnish and voila!!! thicker grips....may sound or be a lil bit of work, but then again you will get what you want, as apposed to tryin to make store-bought work, these guns are all projects right??? hehehe i still have some that are still in the white because i still havent decided if i am done tinkerin with em

I dunno... I have big hands. On revolvers I love Troopers and Nils. Big grips.

On my Shadow I have thin custom shop grips. I bought a thick and thin set and I like the fit and feel of the thin better. .

I'm not NBA player but I wear XXL gloves so I'm not exactly sure what defines "big hands". I suppose a lot of it is subjective. I use VZ and Houge G10 grips on my CZ with grip tape on the front. It's about 1.2" width across the flats. I think the factory rubber might be a little larger however. For me the biggest issue is having the right trigger location. I've been pleased with the 85 type trigger, but I could handle it being a little further forward. I've been comfortable with the mentioned set up. I tried the aluminum grips but they felt "thin" for my hands.

Edited by huskerlrrp

• 2 months later...