Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon brass bin

hi, was noticing lately in the dillon catalog that there is a bin positioned in front of the loaded cart. bin on the 550b. its for the empty brass. does anyone know if you can just buy the bracket for it? i have extra bins. thanks.

Edited by MAC10

hi, was noticing lately in the dillon catalog that there is a bin positioned in front of the loaded cart. bin on the 550b. its for the empty brass. does anyone know if you can just buy the bracket for it? i have extra bins. thanks.

You can purchase the empty case bin from Brian's website Empty case bin or from Dillon's website Empty case bin

but the Strong Mount is required to mount the bracket.

Oops reread your post and seen your just looking for the bracket.

Went back through my paper work and the instructions for the Empty Case Bin shows a part number of 11147 bracket. But I do not know if you can buy just the bracket.

Edited by dcbridgwater

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the bin and bracket are inventoried with one SKU number. But you could always call Dillon to be sure.

be

Dillon Precision: 1 800 223-4570

thanks dc and thanks brian! i sent an email to them an hour ago. i`ll wait til tomorrow if they reply. btw, is this bracket for both bins or are there 2 seperate brackets, one for brass bin and one for loaded rounds?

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure the bin and bracket are inventoried with one SKU number. But you could always call Dillon to be sure.

be

Hmmm, since Dillons service is legendary, what if you called them and told them that yours broke? Would they send you a new one, no charge? :unsure:

be

thanks dc and thanks brian! i sent an email to them an hour ago. i`ll wait til tomorrow if they reply. btw, is this bracket for both bins or are there 2 seperate brackets, one for brass bin and one for loaded rounds?

There are 2 brackets the one for the empty case bin is bolted on in front of the bracket for the loaded rounds that came with the Strong Mount, using the same mounting holes with longer screws.

be

Hmmm, since Dillons service is legendary, what if you called them and told them that yours broke? Would they send you a new one, no charge? :unsure:

nah, i`m pretty honest. i`ll just pay for it.

be

If every one thought like that Dillon might have to reconsider the no BS policy. Most cases when I need a part I just order it from web site and pay for it for since most cases the broken part was my fault. I am saving my NO BS privileges for when I really need it.

be

There are 2 brackets the one for the empty case bin is bolted on in front of the bracket for the loaded rounds that came with the Strong Mount, using the same mounting holes with longer screws.

ok, that answered my question. thank you!

be

nah, i`m pretty honest. i`ll just pay for it.

I'm honest as well....It was more of an "I wonder...."

be

If every one thought like that Dillon might have to reconsider the no BS policy. Most cases when I need a part I just order it from web site and pay for it for since most cases the broken part was my fault. I am saving my NO BS privileges for when I really need it.

I do the same thing (Not with the Dillon, though, cause it don't break! :closedeyes: ), but I'm sure people do it all the time. I know people who want spare parts for their machine when it's not broke, call Dillon, get them to send the parts out free, so they can have spares. Either way, with Dillon's warranty, if you get it before it's broke, or after it's btoke, it is the same to them, except you're supposed to pay before it's broke.

I do the same thing (Not with the Dillon, though, cause it don't break! :closedeyes: ), but I'm sure people do it all the time. I know people who want spare parts for their machine when it's not broke, call Dillon, get them to send the parts out free, so they can have spares. Either way, with Dillon's warranty, if you get it before it's broke, or after it's btoke, it is the same to them, except you're supposed to pay before it's broke.

I never understood this policy that people have. The Dillon warranty is no BS and legendary. I tell guys all the time spend the money on the spare parts kit for your press... if something happens and you use the part Dillon will replace it. It saves so much frustration and downtime.... They cheap out and say it's free why should I pay for it?! Them they whine when the press goes down on Friday night before a match and can't load till the part arrives 2 days after they call Monday morning. I had one guy call me to borrow a part from one of my presses spares kits. I flat refused to lend it to him telling him "If you want the part pay up and buy the entire kit from me" I hung up the phone an hour later he reluctantly agreed. LOL... I made him purchase the kit online, as I watched, shipped to me.... them gave him the parts kit. It was a lesson hard learned for him but several weeks later at a match he came up to me and told me he had another issue with his press and having the parts kit saved his butt again. :lol: