Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

REF?

Sarge

9.1.6.2 If a bullet strikes wholly within hard cover, and continues on to hit a plate or strike down a popper; this will be treated as range equipment failure (see Section.4.6). The competitor will be required to reshoot the course of fire, after it has been restored.

Edited by Steven Cline

Jeez guys I just said it was me so I would not seem like I was picking on another shooter.:goof: You are not buying that are you?

How about the fact that it was a white barrel right next to the popper? I could not clearly make out the popper? No Dice huh?

What really troubles me is the rulebook. I have a hard time finding stuff in it.

Thanks again.

Not getting much love today, huh Sarge?

:lol:

What really troubles me is the rulebook. I have a hard time finding stuff in it.

You're not alone!

It is amazing to read something, understand it then never be able to find it again. Such a little book too.

If you download it from: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-rules.php

(Right click on the first link and "Save target As...")

You can search it rather easily. I did a search for "hard cover" and it was one of the first matches.

I still don't understand why you are shooting the barrels. Are there fish in them?

I shot a stage recently that had no shoot targets in front of a texas star. I'm not sure how many re-shoots should have been awarded if REF was called every time a shooter shot through the no-shoots and hit a plate. We would probably still be on the stage.

Yes, I know bad stage design is no excuse for not enforcing the rulebook.

I shot a stage recently that had no shoot targets in front of a texas star. I'm not sure how many re-shoots should have been awarded if REF was called every time a shooter shot through the no-shoots and hit a plate. We would probably still be on the stage.

Yes, they made the wrong call for the right reason. I would have never allowed that stage to be shot, nor would I have made the call the RO did, but I was not an official. All they needed to do was move the NS "behind" the star and they would have the same stage with no shoot through REFs. They also had some other calls and designs I would not have made/approved, but I promised the MD I wouldn't bust his balls on Enos.

JT

Edited by JThompson

Yes, they made the wrong call for the right reason. I would have never allowed that stage to be shot, nor would I have made the call the RO did, but I was not an official. All they needed to do was move the NS "behind" the star and they would have the same stage with no shoot through REFs. They also had some other calls and designs I would not have made/approved, but I promised the MD I wouldn't bust his balls on Enos.

JT

How about keep the no shoot in front of the star just put a steel plate behind it. I'd hate to see the argument from the guy that says he shot plate and the round continued and hit the no shoot. :surprise:

JT

I think we are talking about two different matches.

JT

How about keep the no shoot in front of the star just put a steel plate behind it. I'd hate to see the argument from the guy that says he shot plate and the round continued and hit the no shoot. :surprise:

The no shoots were closer than 23 ft. I would also think the splatter off of the steel back through the no shoots could cause a mess that would be hard to score.

JT

I think we are talking about two different matches.

Yes, we are... same thing though NS+Steel=FUBAR