Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para sight tracker?

kimberacp

Has anyone seen one? A Para/40 with a sight tracker barrel? Am going to replace my stock barrel and was wondering about a sight tracker barrel.

I have only seen photos of the STrackers in S_I framed guns.

I also thought about a 6" STracker barrel with a 5" slide.

any thoughts on that concept?

thanks

The easiest way to find out is to send John Amidon an email and tell him what you propose to do and ask him if it is legal.

I have done this several times in the past and always gotten a polite well thought answer. I think his address is still

JohnAmidon at verizon.net

If I remember correctly a company has to offer 500 units for sale to the public.

Pat

If this is the case, then how would TJ's and TGO's 6 inch guns be legal? Or in matter of fact, anyone else who has a S_I, 6 inch sight tracker?

Edited by kimberacp

If I remember correctly a company has to offer 500 units for sale to the public.

Pat

If this is the case, then how would TJ's and TGO's 6 inch guns be legal? Or in matter of fact, anyone else who has a S_I, 6 inch sight tracker?

TGO and TJ's 6" limited guns have a Bull and bushing barrel...no hybrids... i have a 6" sightracker but im a nobody :lol:

its in the Gallery its actually my favorite steel gun shoots awesome with 140gr 40sw mouse fart loads im just waiting for it to be legal....

So are the STI guns with sight tracker barrels limited legal?

Yes,but only 5" ones

As we discussed at work, I think I'm just going to shoot the Hell out of my para till kingdom come. I'm new and I've looked at customization features, but taking that money and buying a whole bunch of 40sw sounds fun. It doesn't jam and it shoots where I point it, good enough for me at this point. When I get my mechanics as a shooter polished, I will start looking at customization. But for now..... boom boom!

Pat

TGO and TJ's 6" limited guns have a Bull and bushing barrel...no hybrids... i have a 6" sightracker but im a nobody :lol:

yes, this is true TGO and TJ's guns are 6"/bull barrel but none of those were made in a 500 count to the public.

Does, SA or Para make a 6"/40sw cal./wide body configuration, available to the public? No I don't so...

So, why are those legal and not a Para 5" STracker?

BTW, I did email J. Amodin with this question and when I get an answer, I will post it here.

thanks

its in the Gallery its actually my favorite steel gun shoots awesome with 140gr 40sw mouse fart loads im just waiting for it to be legal....

Edited by kimberacp

Be nice to see some kinda logical answer, How can an available set of top end parts be legal when put on a SVI frame but those same parts are illegal on a Para ? Because PAra didnt make 500 sighttrackers and SVI did ? well gee someone must have a different Para catalog than me because I dont recall seeing any 6" .40's in there and just recently saw a 6" .45.

Pat

yes, this is true TGO and TJ's guns are 6"/bull barrel but none of those were made in a 500 count to the public.

Does, SA or Para make a 6"/40sw cal./wide body configuration, available to the public? No I don't so...

So, why are those legal and not a Para 5" STracker?

BTW, I did email J. Amodin with this question and when I get an answer, I will post it here.

thanks

well la dee da.. are you not the mean one :roflol: ....i thought your question was about a 6" sightracker and i just answered it based on that alone.SORRY

i dont know if the steel frame of the para makes a difference, but there have been hundreds of 6" bull and bushing guns built already by STI,SV and more.

Edited by ogiebb

first email frHi Pete,

Todd and Robbie did not shoot a 6” sight tracker, they both shot 6" guns with lightened slides. No sight tracker or ribbed barrels.

There is no sight tracker legal over 5” in 40 caliber at this point.

John

om J. Amidon;

we can agree we all agree on this, no 6" STrackers.

second email;

Pete,

I should have added that there are 6” iron sighted guns available in Limited, they have been approved for many years, STI and SV have made them for years, as the rules state, a complete gun or parts made by a manufacturer is allowed if 500 of those components have been made and available.

John

So, I guess anyone can make a 5" STracker on any kind of frame you want.

Thanks for all the replies.

first email frHi Pete,

Todd and Robbie did not shoot a 6” sight tracker, they both shot 6" guns with lightened slides. No sight tracker or ribbed barrels.

There is no sight tracker legal over 5” in 40 caliber at this point.

John

om J. Amidon;

we can agree we all agree on this, no 6" STrackers.

second email;

Pete,

I should have added that there are 6” iron sighted guns available in Limited, they have been approved for many years, STI and SV have made them for years, as the rules state, a complete gun or parts made by a manufacturer is allowed if 500 of those components have been made and available.

John

So, I guess anyone can make a 5" STracker on any kind of frame you want.

Thanks for all the replies.

So was that a YES,a 5"Para sighttracker is legal in Limited?