Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder why they did not extend the lifter? I finally did mine myself and now i have to keep the shells stored in a different area as the thing just wants to load itself. I think it helped more than the opening of the port.

I'm trying to load a photo so maybe ya'll can see it.

Its not the best job it world, but for my first try it looks okay to me.

post-20599-0-05416900-1326919034_thumb.j

Wonder why they did not extend the lifter? I finally did mine myself and now i have to keep the shells stored in a different area as the thing just wants to load itself. I think it helped more than the opening of the port.

Nice job! What did you use to open up the port?

Edited by sdm74

Chromed gas system as well.

Cocked hammer indicator.

Nordic tube extension and clamp.

Driilled and tapped fiber bead.

Oversized bolt handle and release button.

Oversized tang safety.

Jerry said he wanted a rear sight, but mossberg said no. Awesome shotgun, Jerry said street price Will be in the mid six hundreds.

Jerry wanted a rear sight?! He runs open! :roflol:

Maybe not, with all the 3 Gun Nation money in Tac-Scope he may be moving.

My link

572 and change.

David E.

At this price they are going to sell a $%#@ load of them.

Suddenly feeling like a fool...lol....I'll have $645.00 in my 930 if I ever get the barrel from Mossberg and I haven't even ordered the extended tube yet....crap!! Should have just waited on these.

Nice job! What did you use to open up the port?

I went high tech and used a rasp, file, 180, 400, & 800 grit sand paper. I striped it and clamped it in a vice for most of it. I cut the forearm and lifter on a band saw. Some of the corners i used a $9.00 hand grinder from Harbor Freight. It's a pile-o-poo but it does good enough for rough work and polishing.

This is the first gun i have ever had that i felt like i could cut on it and not be to mad if i screwed it up. I bought a used 930 Home Defense for $329, added a Choate tube, clamp, and bolt handle. I ordered a barrel from Joe and he hooked me up with the Tom buster sights. I'm somewhere around $500-550 right now.

So 22" or 24" for the JM?

I would go with the 22" and add a +1 cap to the tube to make it a little longer than the barrel. Looks a little goofy but after running an 18" w/+4 tube for a season, i miss knowing if i throw it in a barrel with dirt in the bottom, it won't plug the bore.

Wow. During a pistol match I can't tell a good trigger from a mediocre one, and with a shotgun...no way. I never have time for "press until the surprise break" with a shottie.

I got one thought for you - 100+ yard slug targets! I need all the help i can get.

So 22" or 24" for the JM?

I would go with the 22" and add a +1 cap to the tube to make it a little longer than the barrel. Looks a little goofy but after running an 18" w/+4 tube for a season, i miss knowing if i throw it in a barrel with dirt in the bottom, it won't plug the bore.

Extended LM choke would balance it out a bit.

Now I just have to remember where I buried all those cans of change in the yard:) im definitely on board for one of these. Two things that dissapoint me though, is the mag tube extension isnt flush with the barrel on one of them and the lifter not being upgraded. So, the big decision for me will be 22" or 24". It will probably be the 22" just for being flush. The extra capacity is always nice, but inside a shoot house, im used to running 14" and 18" guns, im going to have to reprogram my run patterns around walls/corners. hard to tell from the angled photo, but it looks like the 22" is flush with the barrel extension.

Edited by Smokecloud

Well, I am glad to hear that at least some of you are getting your barrels from Mossberg. Sent Joe an e-mail yesterday and got an auto-reply back that he is out of the office until Monday. Called Mossberg today and was told by Veronica that it hadn't shipped and that she would "see if they could locate my barrel" and ship it today. She took my phone number and said she would call me when it ships. I am not expecting a call today. Very much wishing I had just waited on the Miculek 930 since it looks like it will be out about the time I get my barrel.