Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Matches in CA

I found one thread on the matter, but it seemed the question never got answered.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83406&st=0&p=964665&hl=traveling%20california&fromsearch=1entry964665

I live in Colorado and travel to California quite a bit for business. I'm thinking of trying to hit some matches in CA if the timing works. I shoot Limited. Can I bring high capacity magazines into CA since it's not for commerce and for competition use?

Edited by d_striker

This isn't Russia (not yet), they don't go through your bags at the airports or borders. If you drive in all they care about is if your brining fruits or vegetables and they have inspections stations for that.

So what did shooters do when the Championships were in Piru, CA?

Not too many of the folks needed hi-caps for the Steel Challenge ;)

Although, most factory guns have a greater capacity than 10 rounds. My Steel Challenge gun is a XDm 9 which comes with 19 round mags as the factory standard.

Just take them apart, parts are ok. Reassemble them at the match. Take apart when leaving.

If it stays apart as individual components, you're fine. Once you assemble it into a working, hi cap magazine within the state of kali, you're breaking the law.

The correct way to do this?

Borrow gear and shoot the match. If you're in the Norco, CA region, drop us a line and we'll hook you up.

Edited by yoshidaex

• 4 weeks later...

HI Striker,

All good advise in the string; I want to add that the Norco Range is called Rahaage's look it up on the web.And there are pistol matches most Sat and Sundays. We shoot Steel Madness on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sun 9AM or so. Come on out.

Max