Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

salient arms m2 vs Benny Hill m2

ClutchUSMC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Salient Benelli's are pretty sweet. But Benny's guns have been tried and true for a long while now. Personal opinion is you won't go wrong with either. I've shot both. Both shoot great. I personally like the IonBonded lightened and fluted bolt a little more on the Salient gun.

A friend of mine just ordered the Salient yesterday. If they have it in stock he should be shooting it in 2 weeks.

10 day wait state. Looks like a real nice set-up. I may have to switch to the tomato sauce.

He and I are both the kind of shooters who want to buy a gun and shoot it, not send it off to have this and that done to it.

I just saw a Salient at our local funstore and was really impressed. I am new to 3gun (been shooting since early this year) and am looking to get an M2 and quit using my stock M1. I am also torn between the Salient and just buying a brand new complete M2 from Benny. His is set up a little differntly PLUS I know what a Benelli master he is. His is only a little more than the Salient. My wife has said a new shotty will make a great Christmas present for me :cheers: (I love her soooooo much!!!!!!)

I have to say I am leaning towards Benny's at this point.

A friend of mine just ordered the Salient yesterday. If they have it in stock he should be shooting it in 2 weeks.

10 day wait state. Looks like a real nice set-up. I may have to switch to the tomato sauce.

He and I are both the kind of shooters who want to buy a gun and shoot it, not send it off to have this and that done to it.

You know Benny sells brand new M1's that are ready to go out of the box???????

Do you still have to send the Benny Benelli to C-Rums to have the gate welded up?

Or is Benny doing that also?

I spent some time talking on the phone with Benny and he told that the lifter is welded up and ready for ghost loading. His package includes to the best of my knowledge the following:

M2 w/ comfortech stock

Choice of barrel length

Welded lifter

Lower receiver mods (for fast, smooth reloading...no snags)

Fiber optic front sight

Bolt work

Enhanced safety button

Extended mag tube for a 9+1 cap (versus Salients 8+1)

Bolt handle

Big bolt release

Trigger job

Disclaimer...I am not BH and am working off of memory on this info (my notes are at home). If I got anything wrong BH can correct me

Benny does not do the welded lifter thing.

His package includes a modified bolt for ghost loading and some work around the entry/mouth area of the barrel also...

See C Rums..... I think he really has a handle on what it takes to make a welded lifter work (without undue cursing wink.gif) in a Benelli.

Benny does not do the welded lifter thing.

His package includes a modified bolt for ghost loading and some work around the entry/mouth area of the barrel also...

See C Rums..... I think he really has a handle on what it takes to make a welded lifter work (without undue cursing wink.gif) in a Benelli.

I stand corrected

I just saw first hand this evening that a welded C-Rums lifter alone is not enough???!!!I KurtM just tuned my buddies lifter, barrel, and aiming fluid so that his M2 will work flawlessly. The best shotgun package is yet to come...

Stay tuned, until then either builder is GTG.

Edited by jtischauser

Aiming fluid? I presume this is the Guinness type?

That is the top secret part that I am not allowed to divulge. It was dark in color for sure. :cheers:

I know. Look you and Kurt and Trapr and Benny and Kurt and Ty Gentry and Merlin Orr are the finest kind of people in shooting and when these guys talk, I listen. I also have great friends and gunsmiths in California and Arizona and Georgia and Florida. I think Traprs comment about understanding what you want in the gun is the most cogent. See you soon. I still want a carrier dog.

To OP, I wish these kinds of polarizing questions could be asked in a way that was , well, less polarizing.

I agree. There are quite a few good gunsmiths who all have different approaches and theories. Some mods are a true rethink and yet the majority of mods are going to be very similar, how truly different can they be when you start with the same platform? Different by degrees or just how far along the learning curve the smith is, let alone the shooter. Just like we shooters as we try to figure out what we want(unfortunately, usually through internet jockeying, instead of practice while trying to save a buck instead of experiencing the different products during real world use and application, I'm guilty of it). So long as the smith is reliable and/or stands behind their work you will be a-ok. Everybody's pride likes to think the latest product they bought is the "best" even though they haven't tried the other equivalent options. I'm pretty new to this and pick up on the politics and undercurrents, "alleged politics and undercurrents :rolleyes: ", even though I may never know the specifics. I admire all of the info I glean from the pros posts, knowledge, kindness, selfless advice, pride, sarcasm, wit, reserved bitterness, blunt honesty, professionalism and all. I would hate for us to lose anybody's advice or participation in this forum. Thank you to everybody who posts here on BE. :cheers::bow::cheers:

Edited by fleshoid

You know Benny sells brand new M1's that are ready to go out of the box???????

Ooops...meant to type M2 ^^^^^^^^

Benny just happened to have an M2 sitting in his shop all brand new and ready to go. He said he will send off the lifter to C Rums (who is he BTW???) before shipping it to me so it will totally ready to go. I guess I have to thank my lucky stars that I have a wife that wants to get me a shotgun for a Christmas present :D I :bow: to her!!!!!!!!!!

It should be ready to ship in the next few weeks so I will have to be very disciplined not to shoot it before Christmas day!