Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 2lb connector

glocklover

So, I got a wild hair and decited to get a 2lb Z Connector for my Glock 35 from Glockwox. It currently has a 3.5 connector in it which gives it about a 4lb trigger pull. With the new connector and their springs it's supposed to give my Glock a 2lb trigger pull. I thought no big deal I have taken apart my glock many times to throughly clean it and have put it back together without a problem. However, when I put the new connector on and after putting everything back together the trigger would not work. I could pull the trigger and it would not activate the firing pin. I did not get the usual click sound when I pulled the trigger. Not only that I could not get the slide off the frame. I had to take off the plate on the slide and take everything apart. So, what did I do wrong?

Craig

Is the connector flush with the housing or is angled away from the housing? I have seen schere connectors where they wernt angled away from the housing and wouldnt catch on the connector

It is bent away from the housing. I could try and bend it more?

My Gen 4 17 works with their connector, but not with their spring kit. I have a no creep, crisp trigger but not 2lbs. I called them about the problem and they sent me a new connector, but it made no difference.

I'm having the same result. I think I like the 3.5 connector that came with the gun better. It might be slightly heavier, but not enough to make a difference. I think I'm going to go back to the 3.5 connector. Oh well, I tried.

My Gen 4 17 works with their connector, but not with their spring kit. I have a no creep, crisp trigger but not 2lbs. I called them about the problem and they sent me a new connector, but it made no difference.

The G4 Glocks have a heavier trigger pull than the G3 Glocks. If you only change the connector in a G4 Glock you will be in the 4# 8 Oz. to 4# 12 Oz. range. As you know the guns as well as the connectors vary slightly.

So, I got a wild hair and decited to get a 2lb Z Connector for my Glock 35 from Glockwox. It currently has a 3.5 connector in it which gives it about a 4lb trigger pull. With the new connector and their springs it's supposed to give my Glock a 2lb trigger pull. I thought no big deal I have taken apart my glock many times to throughly clean it and have put it back together without a problem. However, when I put the new connector on and after putting everything back together the trigger would not work. I could pull the trigger and it would not activate the firing pin. I did not get the usual click sound when I pulled the trigger. Not only that I could not get the slide off the frame. I had to take off the plate on the slide and take everything apart. So, what did I do wrong?

Craig

Does this connector have to be fitted? Sounds to me it may have an overtravel stop that may need to be cut down a little.

Your not going to get a 2 pound trigger with just a connector swap. If it were that easy vanek and everyone would be out of business

I checked. The new 2lb connector is the same bent angle as the 3.5lb connector the glock came with.

I am aware that a connector alone will not give me a 2lb trigger.......I tried their spring kit as well and I did the polish jobs that are on various websites. What happened in my case was a problem with the spring kit. When I installed the spring kit (with any connector-factory,Glockworx,Scherer) I was having several issues. The pluger safety spring works in the Gen 4 but no better than cutting a couple coils off of the factory part. The lightened striker spring would not completely reset the trigger consistently. Last of all, the stronger replacement trigger spring was actually putting so much tension on the trigger that the Glock safety was resting on the frame. For all intents and purposes, just by pulling the safety in, the spring would pull the trigger the rest of the way to fire the gun. I went back to the stock springs and the 2lb connector because it was a little more crisp than the 3.5 connector. My next plan is to get a Wolf lightened striker spring and possibly a titanium striker.

Light weight striker spring will not work with a heavy trigger spring. What it usually does is doesent allow the trigger to go forward all the way to clear the trigger safety. For a Striker, I would recommend the Jager light weight. It is very light, and has an extended tip to prevent light strikes with a light striker spring.

Light weight striker spring will not work with a heavy trigger spring. What it usually does is doesent allow the trigger to go forward all the way to clear the trigger safety. For a Striker, I would recommend the Jager light weight. It is very light, and has an extended tip to prevent light strikes with a light striker spring.

Plus 1 on the Jager firing pin.

• 1 month later...

I checked. The new 2lb connector is the same bent angle as the 3.5lb connector the glock came with.

I am aware that a connector alone will not give me a 2lb trigger.......I tried their spring kit as well and I did the polish jobs that are on various websites. What happened in my case was a problem with the spring kit. When I installed the spring kit (with any connector-factory,Glockworx,Scherer) I was having several issues. The pluger safety spring works in the Gen 4 but no better than cutting a couple coils off of the factory part. The lightened striker spring would not completely reset the trigger consistently. Last of all, the stronger replacement trigger spring was actually putting so much tension on the trigger that the Glock safety was resting on the frame. For all intents and purposes, just by pulling the safety in, the spring would pull the trigger the rest of the way to fire the gun. I went back to the stock springs and the 2lb connector because it was a little more crisp than the 3.5 connector. My next plan is to get a Wolf lightened striker spring and possibly a titanium striker.

If you are going to use a light weight firing pin and spring you need to replace the heavy recoil spring in the G4 also.