Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland custom fit holster model 567

WildWest N AZ

I have been looking at this model very close looks like it will fit my needs. The main reason I like it is that it has suede inside of it to help protect the finish on your slide vs the standard ol'kydex ones that do a number on the finish over time. Does anyone have hands on with this holster if so how did you like it, and how was fit and finish on the holster?

For what gun, for what use?

At one time, this holster was considered the state of the art and was used by many of the top shooters. This was the first holster I got for my Glock 19 when I started USPSA 3 years ago but could never seem to find a fit that was not too tight or too loose.

I currently have a 5187 for my Glock 35 that I use when I need something more traditional than a drop-offset holster. I think the 5187 is a superb fit for my gun

I'm not the biggest fan. I have one for my k-frame S&W. I have trouble with it being too tight or to loose as well. The holster is very well made though and is deep enough that even adjusted to be very loose I don't think the gun would ever come out.

FWIW I got mine at Opticsplanet.com, they had the best price I could find.

Kevin

The 568 is a newer version of the 560. The 560 has another adjustment block in it. I actually use 560 with my Limited gun because I hated the BladeTech DOH was wearing on my hard chrome.

The 568 is a nice holster for L/L10/SS. With the Safariland HDA kit you can do a DOH type position. Because the front is not open you might find it a little slower on the draw than the 5187 series holster.

I have several Safariland holsters for my BHP, STI, SV, XD and they are work great and are not abrasive on the gun finish.

Hello: The Safariland can be just as abrasive as a Kydex holster if you don't clean out the inside very often. I had an old 560 model for a 1911 and it would collect sand/dirt in there. I would use compressed air to clean the suede out after every outing. I use Comp-Tac holsters now and they work fine. I use a detail brush to clean the inside and also use silicon spray inside and wipe it dry. It is not that hard on the Ion Bond or Hard Chrome. A little harder on blueing. Thanks, Eric

For what gun, for what use?

At one time, this holster was considered the state of the art and was used by many of the top shooters. This was the first holster I got for my Glock 19 when I started USPSA 3 years ago but could never seem to find a fit that was not too tight or too loose.

I currently have a 5187 for my Glock 35 that I use when I need something more traditional than a drop-offset holster. I think the 5187 is a superb fit for my gun

Its for a G17 and for IDPA rules

Hello: Get a Comp-Tac belt holster for a Glock 34/35. That way when you buy a Glock 34 or 35 you will have the holster. The Comp-Tac is a very fast holster and has a large sight tunnel for tall front sights. It has not worn the slide on my Glock 34 to badly after 1 or 2 draws :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the insight... Not sure which way to go now? LoL The only reason Im in need of new holster is I started shooting with a group that does not allow me to run my ghost rig? So for now I may just my old galco for the time being

Find another group.

Thanks for the insight... Not sure which way to go now? LoL The only reason Im in need of new holster is I started shooting with a group that does not allow me to run my ghost rig? So for now I may just my old galco for the time being

Find another group.

LoL

I just about did, I hate not being able to run my ghost! The fees they charge are next nothing, its good pratice, and they put nice stages together.

Well smooth leather is a little more finish friendly in the long run but any gun used much is gonna get some holster wear.

Sorta like a new truck, you can stress over keeping it perfect or just go ahead and drive it through the trees on the first day and get it over with cause. sooner or later its gonna get scrathed,dented, car doored, pesky kids bike stuck in the grill, baby carriage frame scratch marks on the roof, that kinda thing.

G_man, do you have the spacers that can move the holster out from the body? There are several different sizes.

Hey Paul,

No, I didn't try spacers. I'm going to order the new attachment setup they have when I get around to it...looks like it might give a touch of offset compared with how I have it now. It seems that they're right in the middle of switching over to that system because they don't even list the 567, which has the belt loop, for sale. You can order the hanger by itself, or a 568 with the paddle, but not the 567 which is the same body as the 568...weird. R,

• 4 weeks later...

There's a much better drop & offset option for Safariland products, 6075UBL-2.

They have a 1" drop version too, change the number after the dash to 1.

Much cleaner than the cheesy belt loop that Safariland provides.

And I love the 5187, got on for my Springfield XD 5" and G35. They were one of the few holsters I could find for a left handed G35 or XD shooter, until the DAA PDR rig came along. That escalated production type holsters to a whole new level.

Edited by robertg5322

There's a much better drop & offset option for Safariland products, 6075UBL-2.

They have a 1" drop version too, change the number after the dash to 1.

Much cleaner than the cheesy belt loop that Safariland provides.

And I love the 5187, got on for my Springfield XD 5" and G35. They were one of the few holsters I could find for a left handed G35 or XD shooter, until the DAA PDR rig came along. That escalated production type holsters to a whole new level.

You assumed a Production rig. The OP was talking IDPA and I know PJB45 and I use the Safariland for Single Stack where the front strap needs to be even or above the top of the belt. R,

I use the 5187 in IDPA with the standard (albeit cheezy) belt attachment, it works as well as any other and positions the gun correctly for IDPA use.

What I like about them transcends (deep, eh?) the attachment method. They provide a smooth draw with no hitch, yet allow enough friction for actual retention.

I also use a Blackhawk! CQC. I have no issues with it, I actually found the Safariland when I was looking for a left handed CQC holster for my XD9 Tactical and decided that I liked the Safariland better. It was also one of the few available for a left handed G35 user. I may be repeating myself here, sorry.

I'm currently looking for one for my left handed G17 (the gun's not left handed, the user shoots pistols with that hand), but they're on backorder everywhere I've looked (Opticsplanet.com, Midway, and anywhere else).