Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To all North Florida, South Georgia USPSA shooters!

To all North Florida, South Georgia shooters. I have talked with the people who run the Bradford Sportmens' Farm in Brooker, FL, and they are very interested in starting a USPSA club affiliation there. As it stands right now, Sedro is sending me the info for the club to become affliated and all other info needed. What I need to know is how many USPSA members would be interested in shooting at a new club. Their website is down right now, but I believe the total size of the club is somewhere around 850 acres, they have several ranges, an 800 yard rifle range, and currently hold rifle and trap and skeet shoots, along with 4 gun (long gun, pistol, shotgun, and AR style, all in one shoot) competitions. From what I have seen, the range looks really nice.

Like I said, their website is down right now, but here is the link:

www.bsfshootingsports.com

The guy (Rick Pisano) who I've been talking to runs many of the rifle matches out there and has his own website with some pics of the range. http://www.ruashooter.com/ He states that more than likely, if it happens, they should be able to run as many as 6 stages at a time (as long as you don't mind a short walk between stages).

Here are some other links for BSFShootingsports.

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/Links/

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/FacilityMap/

http://www.bsfshootingsports.com/RangesandFeatures/ (nice!)

Ranges and Features

The Bradford Sportsmen's Farm is proud to be one of the largest and most diverse shooting ranges in Florida. We have NSCA registered sporting clays tournaments each month along with occasional rifle and pistol matches. We are committed to providing all types of shooters a quality facility to pursue their hobby.

Our regular hours of operation are Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00am until 5:30pm. We are also open every Friday 9:00am until 5:30pm for sporting clays only. Arrangements for other days can easily be made by calling (352)485-2302.

Pistol and Rifle Ranges

We have two fifty yard pistol ranges with multiple shapes and sizes of targets placed at varying distances. The pistol range target presentations are changed regularly but can also be changed upon request.

We have two rifle ranges available including the longest rifle range open to the public in North Florida. Our smaller 300 yard range has a covered shooting area with several stations available, while our 600 yard range offers a free-standing covered platform to shoot from.

Shotgun Facilities

The Farm offers many features for shotgun enthusiasts such as our two fully automated 14 station sporting clays courses. The stations includes tower and ground level presentations that are varied often to keep the course fresh and challenging for recreational and tournament shooters alike.

We also offer two covered and lighted 5-stands and one lighted skeet range. Our 5-stand fields are equipped with long-range remote controllers to provide easier and better use. These ranges among our most popular features, all who've tried them enjoyed them.

Classes

We offer concealed weapons permit classes on the first Saturday of every month. Classes start at 9:00am and are taught by certified instructors. We also have a certified sporting clays instructor who is available by appointment. Call (352)485-2302 for more information.

Club House and Pro Shop

We have a fully air conditioned club house and pro shop to provide service and goods for all of our customers. The shop sells ammunition, refreshments, memberships, T-shirts and more!

RV Hookups

We have five full service RV hookups for travelling shooters, call (352)485-2302 for pricing and availability.

Edited by GrumpyOne

I'd certainly be interested in shooting and helping. I didn't even know this outstanding resource existed and it's very near Gainesville. The challenge would be finding a Saturday that isn't taken up by another club's match. Maybe a Sunday would work in this case.

I'd certainly be interested in shooting and helping. I didn't even know this outstanding resource existed and it's very near Gainesville. The challenge would be finding a Saturday that isn't taken up by another club's match. Maybe a Sunday would work in this case.

Very good! Did you get a chance to look at the pics of the rifle ranges? I think they would be open to whatever weekend day that could make it happen. We just need more people interested now! Spread the word! :cheers:

Unfortunately, the web site is still down. I'll try again later this weekend.

I was able to get sporadic results when I tried...Some pages would load, others would not. Ricks' page will load and shows some great pics of the rifle ranges...

http://www.ruashooter.com/

Edited by GrumpyOne

I use to shoot sporting clays at Bradford. It is a nice club with plenty of land. I would be interested in shooting USPSA matches there also. The problem you are going to run into is an open Saturday. If you shoot on Sunday I am sure you will have a solid turnout. There are shooters in Gainesville, Jacksonville and St Augustine along with Rogers crew in Brunswick, Ga that will be there if it does not conflict with matches we are already shooting. You need to talk to Ray Lambert about scheduling so it does not conflict with current matches.

I use to shoot sporting clays at Bradford. It is a nice club with plenty of land. I would be interested in shooting USPSA matches there also. The problem you are going to run into is an open Saturday. If you shoot on Sunday I am sure you will have a solid turnout. There are shooters in Gainesville, Jacksonville and St Augustine along with Rogers crew in Brunswick, Ga that will be there if it does not conflict with matches we are already shooting. You need to talk to Ray Lambert about scheduling so it does not conflict with current matches.

Guys, this is just in the beginning stages of a match, so any and all help getting this thing going would be greatly appreciated!

Guys, I travel alot for work, and barely have enough time to shoot. Is anyone willing to take the ball and run with it? Someone with more time and experience in these matters? I know we can make this work, but it will take work from all of us, not just some of us. This could be a really good chance to get something started which will benefit us (those that are close), the sport, and future shooters.

Update. I talked with Linda Chico tonight, she has told me what all needs to happen. We will need at least 10 "Charter Members" for this to take hold. Out of those "Charter Members", we will need at least 3 dedicated to run the show, an MD, a treasurer, and a statistician to keep and send in scores. If we can get the range interested, she will be somewhere in the vicinity around Oct 11, and is willing to go to the range to make a presentation, or to talk with the owners to tell them exactly what USPSA is all about. So, my question to you guys is, who wants to be charter members, and who is willing and able to take on those other duties, or am I just spitting in the wind? I know there are lots of USPSA shooters in north Florida, so come on guys, this is a good oppurtunity to be a part of smoething.

Well, XDNiner (Kent Cori) went out to the range and met with the owners today. He says it's a great range, but it would need quite a bit of work to hold USPSA matches out there (well, more like normal ones anyway). They only have 2 pistol bays, with a semi berm between them, and it would definitely need more. They do have some tactical course set up throughout the woods surrounding the ranges, but mostly for shotgun...They may be able to be adapted for USPSA. It might still happen, we'll see what the owners say....

A big thanks to XDNiner for spending his time to talk with the owners and walk through all the things they would need to know about having USPSA matches out there. :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

I was more than happy to visit the range and talk with the owners who, like 99.9% of shooters, are great folks. It has outstanding clays and rifle facilities. They're going to consider the possibility and get back to me. I'll keep everyone appraised of their response when I get it.

• 11 months later...

I guess since I haven't heard anything about this range the ball never got all the way down the hill are yall still trying to work with the range owners to see if they could up the berms there is also a range in Kingsland Ga that i think they do IDPA some one might want to check with them about seeing if they are into looking at USPSA

I think this died a quick death. Too much money involved to bring it up to par as a USPSA match range. There is a growing movement to get GTR (Gainesville Target Range) to hold USPSA matches. They are holding monthly "fun shoots" to get people involved. Not going by USPSA rules as of yet, kind of a mix between USPSA & IDPA rules, using IDPA targets, but mixing in steel, bowling pins, movers, etc., Using IDPA's "points down" method of scoring.