Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To all North Florida, South Georgia USPSA shooters!

Yeah, GTR is having one such match this Sunday. I will be entering as my first ever match. I'm also taking their NRA pistol course tomorrow. Gonna be an excellent weekend with my trusty new XDm9.

Erich

I think this died a quick death. Too much money involved to bring it up to par as a USPSA match range. There is a growing movement to get GTR (Gainesville Target Range) to hold USPSA matches. They are holding monthly "fun shoots" to get people involved. Not going by USPSA rules as of yet, kind of a mix between USPSA & IDPA rules, using IDPA targets, but mixing in steel, bowling pins, movers, etc., Using IDPA's "points down" method of scoring.

Yeah, GTR is having one such match this Sunday. I will be entering as my first ever match. I'm also taking their NRA pistol course tomorrow. Gonna be an excellent weekend with my trusty new XDm9.

Erich

I think this died a quick death. Too much money involved to bring it up to par as a USPSA match range. There is a growing movement to get GTR (Gainesville Target Range) to hold USPSA matches. They are holding monthly "fun shoots" to get people involved. Not going by USPSA rules as of yet, kind of a mix between USPSA & IDPA rules, using IDPA targets, but mixing in steel, bowling pins, movers, etc., Using IDPA's "points down" method of scoring.

Bear in mind, what they shoot there is only at most similar to USPSA....It is more IDPA based, but really doesn't even follow those rules. I've shot one match there (I'm out of town alot), and would definitely shoot it again, but it (shootiing that match) can lead to possible bad habits in USPSA if you decide to go in that direction.

In talking with the guy that sets it up today, they will be sanctioned by the USPSA from now on. They were just waiting on their club charter to go through. This will be the last non-sanctioned match they hold, for action pistol anyway. They do not intend to hold IDPA rulebook matches anytime soon.

Erich