Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 US Nationals

Fireant

I know last year that held it in FL (in Titusville) and supposedly are doing it again for 2011. I will see if I can make some contact with someone there for info on that since I'm pretty curious also.r

Call Mike Calloway at Schuemann Barrels. He, along with Derek Janowicz from Millenium Custom run the match.

Seiichi

I just got this in from Derek:

It is scheduled for March 25, 26, 27 2010 in Titusville, Fl. The range is normally open for all day practice starting the Tuesday prior to the match

Fireant,

Thanks for the update - putting on my calendar now.

btw - I heard the Fredericksburg, VA rumor too..

I had heard VA by one group talking and then NC by another group and both groups said they heard it from Mike and Derek. I had not heard anything from the horses mouth until I called Derek yesterday. I was very glad to see it returning to Tville. It is only a 3 hour drive instead of a 10 hour drive. Not that any of those locations are bad choices you know, I have shot at both and enjoy it, but Tville in March is great.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Mike at the match and he told me that if they didn't get better turnout at Titusville next year they were considering moving the match. I think he was disappointed at the local turnout. We traveled about four hours to shoot there, but we had guys from, PA, OH, and TX on our squad. We were the only guys from FL on our squad.

I talked to Mike at the match and he told me that if they didn't get better turnout at Titusville next year they were considering moving the match. I think he was disappointed at the local turnout. We traveled about four hours to shoot there, but we had guys from, PA, OH, and TX on our squad. We were the only guys from FL on our squad.

If my mother still lived in Naples or Ocalla, I would always shoot the match. I'm still hoping to make it this coming year, the problem is finding locations to practice in PA prior to the match. It's still pretty cold here.

I think the cost to shoot all three days kind of drives the local away. You have to look at the majority of the local steel shooters and in that area it has been IDPA folks that come out. I know there is a new Steel club in St. Augustine so maybe they will help generate some more locals at this match. I drive just under 3 hours to get there, so I consider myself one of those locals. Derek said they would get the website updated soon. I really hope it stays in FL.

• 3 months later...