Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

125 gr HAP bullets, which powder?

Newby

Is this 9x19, .38 Super, or something else? Major or Minor? If it's 9x19 Minor for a Production or SS gun (just a guess), I'd try Titegroup first, then WSF, and I'd use the data from Hodgdon's website...just go with the starting load, or somewhere in the middle, and work up. R,

Is this 9x19, .38 Super, or something else? Major or Minor? If it's 9x19 Minor for a Production or SS gun (just a guess), I'd try Titegroup first, then WSF, and I'd use the data from Hodgdon's website...just go with the starting load, or somewhere in the middle, and work up. R,

Regular old 9x19 for Production class USPSA out of a Glock 34 (soon to have bar sto barrel)

The results are in, the 4.9 gr of N350 wins for my 125 gr HAP bullets.

10 shots through the chrono with a low of 1074fps and a high of 1081 into less than 2" freehand at 25 yards with soft recoil and no smoke. People are certainly entitled to their opinions, but if someone has a better load than this for a glock 34 they will have to prove it :)

Edited by Newby

• 1 month later...

The results are in, the 4.9 gr of N350 wins for my 125 gr HAP bullets.

10 shots through the chrono with a low of 1074fps and a high of 1081 into less than 2" freehand at 25 yards with soft recoil and no smoke. People are certainly entitled to their opinions, but if someone has a better load than this for a glock 34 they will have to prove it :)

5.0 N340 124 Precision Delta JHP, 1.120 OAL, 1070 Avg. ES 21 SD 7, 1.1" 10 shot group at 25 yds in Ransom Rest in G34.

• 1 year later...

I just loaded 4.4 gr of wsf with 1.125 oal using 124 gr precision delta FMJ going to chrnoy them tomorrow out of glock 17

I've loaded 125 gr HAP over 4.1 to 4.4 tightgroup and will post my results

I load my 125gr HAPS over 4.0 Titegroup with an OAL of 1.135. They make power factor with my M&P Pro and my STI Trojan.