Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

questions

Montana Alby

i just bought a fobus holster for my gp100 4inch bbl. .357mag and it sucks. if you try to draw from any angle but straight up the gun binds in the holster. good thing it was cheap, so can anyone recomend a good IDPA holster for my gp100 that is not 100$ i would like a paddle style with no thumb break. also does anyone use Percision Delta bullets in their .38/.357 and if so what load do you use (i know this is more a realoading question but i was already posting) i got some 158gr SWC and am looking for a good start point.

Welcome aboard.

For holsters check out TKW Holsters.

For reloading consider Round Nose Bullets. They make for easier (quicker) reloads.

Consider Billy Bullets. Very knowledgeable and reasonably priced.

And watch your crimp style. I've been using a taper crimp and chamfering the cylinders. Also a plus for reloading.

See you at the range

George

Edited by GMM50

Sidearmour holster for my 625 - sometimes a SafariLand 002

Missouri Bullet lead for everything except my open Glock.

"Changing over to shooting revolver is the natural evolution of things, like learning to walk upright."

D.H. Busching

If you want to make your Fobus holster usable grab a hair dryer or a heat gun that has a low setting.

Heat up the trigger guard area of your holster and then put the gun in, but not all the way. Push it in till the holster spreads out over the trigger guard and then stop and let it cool with the gun in that spot. It will make it worlds better, but still not as good as a good kydex holster, but useable none the less. Good luck.

I suggest a Blade-Tech SRB (Sting Ray Belt) holster, as it is IDPA approved. I use one for my Ruger Alaskan (loaded with .45 Colt) which I use in IDPA and USPSA competition. I just had to call and order one, as it was not a revolver that they commonly have holsters made for. The service was fast and I am very pleased with the holster.

As state above, I also suggest round nose bullets. They would be less likely to "hang up" when reloading in competition. I use round nose flat point bullets myself.

hey thanks for all the info i shoot idpa with my g22 and have wanted to break out the revolver for quite some time well next week is the time but it seems i have some more shopping to do. the roundnose bullet is a good suggestion and i'm kicking myself for not thinking of it. I was already ordering from precision delta and it was easy to add a 1000 .38 bullets on. i'm going to try the hair dryer and a dremel to open up the fobus but i will still be buying a new holster i didn't want to spend a lot in case i dislike shooting the revo in idpa but oh well you get what you pay for.