Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED chrono battery pack question

RAZZ

I have a CED Millennium chronograph, along with the IR screens and battery pack. Earlier today I broke it all out for a pending trip to the range. I have not used the IR screens or battery pack in about a year, and was going to charge up the battey. But I have run into a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I know (thought?) the AC adapter for the battery pack works not only to charge the battery pack, but also to run the IR screens if you have a wall outlet. My problem is that I can no longer plug the battery pack into the AC adapter to charge it--they have the same male plug. The cord for the IR screens has the female side, which the AC adapter plugs in fine, and the battery cord plugs into it fine, but not the battery cord into the AC adapter, as they are identical. Now surely this change didn't happen while it was sitting in a box for the last year, and I am obviously doing something wrong. If anyone has the battery pack and IR screens, can you go look at your cords and tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? Did I lose an adapter somewhere? Was there a different AC adapter for the battery pack, and I'm just not remembering (and I have probably lost it)?

Thanks

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, sophiasmith said:

Another question on the battery pack.  It says clearly on it do not overcharge.  Does anyone have e any idea how long you are supposed to charge it; 12 hours seem reasonable??? 

I left mine on the charger for like 10 days to two weeks... just unplugged it today when I finally made it back over to my  shop.

I just now set it up, inside, and everything is working fine.  Both the green visible LED's are on AND the IR LEDs in both screens are on.