Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Use Blackhawk Serpa Holsters in USPSA?

USPSAShooter

I just read the other post that was mentioned in this topic. All I can say is wow. I know stuff happens everyday, and under weird circumstances at times, but why take that chance? My vote is with a Bladetech.

Check out this poll from a little while ago about holsters...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110932&hl=which competition holster&st=0

I started with the Serpa and like it fine, it runs smooth for me with no problem with releasing the retension device without thought. However I switched over to the Bladetech DOH for the easier to reach dropped and offset position for USPSA. I now use the Serpa for real world as it is more compact and high riding with good retention, and the DOH for competition.

Eric

Best way I have found to draw out of the SERPA holster is to come in from the side leading with the trigger finger, have to find the lever first as you depress the lever with your finger straight down the side of the hoslter wrap your hand around grip and pull up, once the gun starts moving your trigger finger moves into position on the frame of the gun.

It will be slower than a straight pull holster, TJ did a little video timing his draws to first shot with all levels of the SERPA to show differences in draw time.

Better off using a cheap uncle mike's for competition though.