Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE Compensator Poll

GorillaTactical

Hey guys,

We have so much good info scattered on different threads and seem to always get the question, so following what was done on the shotgun forum (by Jesse), please help us compile 1 Complete List of Compensator in poll format as a reference point for people asking the question "What comp should I buy".

If your comp is not listed be sure to specify in the comments what model you shoot.

NOTE: Due to forum rules, you must answer BOTH questions, so make your selection from the other question the choice which states "SELECT THIS if your comp is under..."

~Josh

A great Thread on this Discussion

Edited by GorillaTactical

Cool! I have a Remy 700 in 300 Win Mag I'm looking to put a comp on....I'll be checking on this poll often! Thanks! Now, if I can just find a good gunsmith in North central Florida who could do the work.... :roflol:

I wouldn't use this as a resource for that rifle. The best comp for a .223 competition rifle is not going to be a good pick for a .300 Win Mag, even with the appropriate hole through the center. Gas volumes are different and for a bolt gun you will probably be looking for different performance attributes than someone running a semi auto race gun.

The PWS has a non-flash suppressing version of the FSC556 called the TTO which used to be called the DNTC. So, for the purposes of this poll, the three are all effectively the same compensator. Perhaps you should call it the Primary Weapons Systems DNTC/FSC/TTO or some such name

The PWS has a non-flash suppressing version of the FSC556 called the TTO which used to be called the DNTC. So, for the purposes of this poll, the three are all effectively the same compensator. Perhaps you should call it the Primary Weapons Systems DNTC/FSC/TTO or some such name

Updated with your input!

Cool! I have a Remy 700 in 300 Win Mag I'm looking to put a comp on....I'll be checking on this poll often! Thanks! Now, if I can just find a good gunsmith in North central Florida who could do the work.... :roflol:

I wouldn't use this as a resource for that rifle. The best comp for a .223 competition rifle is not going to be a good pick for a .300 Win Mag, even with the appropriate hole through the center. Gas volumes are different and for a bolt gun you will probably be looking for different performance attributes than someone running a semi auto race gun.

I realize that, but where there is smoke there is fire. It's just like a comp for a 40 and a 38 super are different, but this poll will give me options to look at, because if they can make a comp/brake for a 223, then they can also make one for a 300... :cheers:

I have tried the following:

Miculek Comp

JP Tactical

PRI MSTN QC

Primary Weapons Systems DNTC

YHM Phantom

Standard Birdcage

Troy Medieval

Arredondo (prototype to nXg)

Of all of them my vote goes to the:

Surefire MB556K

Out.