Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

13th annual Milan Fall Classic

Its that time again for Milan Rifle Club to host our Fall Classic. This will be our 13th year. The dates will be October 23rd and 24th.

We have some new things this year. This will be a charity match with all the proceeds going to a cancer foundation. We can not use thier name at this time but next year we are already set up to use thier name officially. All fo the proceeds will go to them.

This is a level 1 match so you do not have to be a USPSA member to shoot or win a plaque

This year will be a 2 day format. The staff will shoot on saturday with a squad and then work the match on sunday.

We will have 10 stages.

Lunch will be avalible for purchase on site.

Shirts will be for order with your match application for 20$

Match cost 50$ if post marked by october 15th

55$ if after oct. 15th

juniors are 35$ if with a competing adult.

Milan Rifle Club paud members pay 45$

If you paud last year and did not shoot contcact me for special pricing. chefcs5@yahoo.com

Walkins or apps post marked after oct 15th will be 55$ reguardless of discounts

This is a plaque match

We currently have 3 other local clubs "sponsoring" a stage they will be designing and working the stage and promoting thier club. If your club is interested in doing a stage please let me know!

We still need RO's and as this is only a level 1 match you do not need to be certified(we would how ever prefer it) to apply to work the match contact me at chefcs5@yahoo.com

The Comfort Inn in moline will be our match hotel. There are double rooms and single rooms avalible. The cost is 75$ plus tax and includes breakfast, pool, internet, hot tub. They will begin tajing reservations Sep. 5th and you must reserve by sep. 24th to get this price. I am trying to extend that date to october 15th I will let you know.

Thier web page http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-moline-illinois-IL063

More info to come!

Match app is attached

fcentry.pdf

We will be having a raffle at the match

5$ per ticket or 6 for 25$

Prizes from

Shooting Sports Unlimited

BB shooting

Hornaday

just to name a few we have many other companies donating to this

The top Prize is a Springfield Armory XDm 9mm

Tickets will be sold at registration and at lunch both days. The drawing will be at the end of lunch on Sunday you do not neet to be present to win

You can also buy tickets at the sep 12th Milan match

• 2 weeks later...

Wow things are really getting rolling! we have some great rafffle prizes, some great stages, and its going to be a ton of fun! Still looking for staff so get ahold of me!

Also just set up today Neal Photo Arts will be on hand both days of the match taking professional photos. You will get a crad with info on how to go online and download them or order prints(both for a small fee) But All the proceeds will also be going to our charity donation!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is 8 of the 10 stages. The other 2 will be a surprise and are a take off of two of may favorite stages from area 5 and area 3 this year.

The round count will be arround 225 if you dont miss! I have attched them in zip format and also I have attached the match book(its not finished and this is not the final copy) and the app again if any one needed it! Thanks

For any more info check

www.illowapracticalshooters.com

fcmatchbook.pdf

fcentry1.pdf

stages.zip

Shooters Here is your challenge. I know its Nationals month. But if any of you can get a Big name GM like, Sevigny, Stoeger, Vogel, Butler, etc. To sign up and shoot the Milan fall Classic. I will give the GM and The person who gets them to sign up a free entry for 1 day, A match shirt for each of you! So if you kno...w one of these guys and wanna come shoot offer to give them a ride or what ever it takes! Go get-um. Im callin this Catch a GM for charity! Watch out though I heard they are fast and tricky! lol

Also we had a female shooter who has already paid who can no longer make it and has donated her entry to the first female junior who sends me a msg on here(or thier parents) Ill give this till friday then open it up to the boys also! This is for new applicants only Pm me here if interested or email me at chefcs5@yahoo.com

Remember All proceeds go to the Susan G Komen Foundation!

Edited by chefcs5

I looked up the start times up in the match book for my hubby (sadly, I do not get to go) so here it is:

Match Activity Schedule

6:00am – 7:45am - Final stage setup (place paper targets)

6:15am – 7:45am - Match Registration at the range

7:45am – 8:00am - Shooter safety briefing

8:00am – 12:00pm - Competition

12:00pm – 1:00pm - Lunch break (replace paper targets as needed

1:30pm – Done - Competition

Ok no one with junior females have contacted me so the free slot will be open to any junior shooter who is not already signed up! just email me at chefcs5@yahoo.com or send me a pm here. Thanks hope to see you all there!

It figures. I send my app this morning. (I was waiting to make sure the weekend was free.) Five hours later an upgrade is moved back one week.

At least the upgrade is at night. I going to try to make it. Might hafta drive fast on the way back. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

should be up tonite. our stats girl got them all in the pc last nite. we are going to do the verification when we get off work tonight and then will uplod to uspsa site. thanks to every one who came. the staff was excellent and i thank them. the set up crew of jerry and joe who built it all. and all of our local clubs who helped out. also a big thanks to all the companies who sent product for the raffle.

Here is a quick break down

Fall Classic Champion- Keith Boysen

Fall Classic Junior Champion- Craig Tappe

Fall Classic Ladies Champion- Beth Mehrle

Fall Classic Senior Champion- Keith Boysen

Fall Classic Milan Member Champion- Jerry Painter

Open

1st Place Open- Keith Boysen

2nd Place Open- Jay Tappe

3rd Place Open- Phillip Tappe

Production

1st Place Production- Keith Boysen