Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dilema

kanuto

good day to all im a newbie i will purchase my first .40 gun ... my choices are para s14 40, sig 226 sct and sti edge .... please help me to decide what gun will i choose for re-creational and carry ... thank you for your replies ....

good day to all im a newbie i will purchase my first .40 gun ... my choices are para s14 40, sig 226 sct and sti edge .... please help me to decide what gun will i choose for re-creational and carry ... thank you for your replies ....

For recreation - the STI.

For carry - the Sig.

The Edge is a great gun for USPSA Limited in 40, its like the defacto standard. The Sig 226 is the most reliable gun I own but it stays on the night stand mostly. I carry a Sig P239 a bit smaller.

Production I've shot with the Sig 226 however the CZ Shadow makes a better production gun. The Wife packs a CZ 75 Compact.

The Edge is a great gun for USPSA Limited in 40, its like the defacto standard. The Sig 226 is the most reliable gun I own but it stays on the night stand mostly. I carry a Sig P239 a bit smaller.

Production I've shot with the Sig 226 however the CZ Shadow makes a better production gun. The Wife packs a CZ 75 Compact.

+1 , STI for competition, Sig carry,and Para for your coffee table talk with your pal's!

thanks for the inputs guys ... the problem is sig has limited parts here where i live .... i heard really good comments about the gun ... but in case something broke down parts will be hard to find .... will the edge serve me well for a carry/protection gun ?

The Edge is a large, heavy gun to carry concealed. I would suggest a smaller Sig would work better. Parts are available for just about anything on the internet,usually with a short delivery time. It's always a trade off, and most people end up with more than one gun.

thanks,

George

thanks for the inputs guys ... the problem is sig has limited parts here where i live .... i heard really good comments about the gun ... but in case something broke down parts will be hard to find .... will the edge serve me well for a carry/protection gun ?

Not much to break in the sig, all things mechanical can break, but it has not happened yet........

Edge is a beautiful gun, but heavy and bulky for carry...

• 3 weeks later...