Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Shotgun

I use a Winchester 92, in 44/40 that is relatively smooth bore, I stole it from the Miller work shop

Best trigger ever on a lever action!!!!

I load it stronghand, it has a stock capacity of 10 or 11ish, and I can grab 10 in a single grab, but I invariably drop one or two. that stronghand loading is real fumbly, I don't think it works, it shoots slugs well, and has low profile irons on top, and a really cool sparkly blue emron coating on it. I"m working on getting it converted to 20ga so it will be legal.

Whats the best sling to put on it?

Whats the best ammo to use for plates?

Whats the best ammo to use for clays?

Whats the best case to use for match carry?

Whats the best oil to use?

Whats the best fiber optic to put on it?

Oh yeah,.................I H8 polls!!!!!

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I use a Winchester 92, in 44/40 that is relatively smooth bore, I stole it from the Miller work shop

Best trigger ever on a lever action!!!!

I load it stronghand, it has a stock capacity of 10 or 11ish, and I can grab 10 in a single grab, but I invariably drop one or two. that stronghand loading is real fumbly, I don't think it works, it shoots slugs well, and has low profile irons on top, and a really cool sparkly blue emron coating on it. I"m working on getting it converted to 20ga so it will be legal.

Whats the best sling to put on it?

Whats the best ammo to use for plates?

Whats the best ammo to use for clays?

Whats the best case to use for match carry?

Whats the best oil to use?

Whats the best fiber optic to put on it?

Oh yeah,.................I H8 polls!!!!!

Trapr

Well Trapr when you realize that you need a new shotgun, which you do you can use this poll to see which shotguns are the most popular rather than wasting time asking which one is the most popular.

This poll isn't asking for an opinion. It's asking for a fact. Which do you use, period.

I voted null in HM even though I will be using the Nova you recommended to me but since I have never shot it in a match I didn't give my opinion on what I think someone that does shoot HM should use.

I am trying to capture data like the equipment survey that gets published after nationals.

The hypothetical polls you gave are all asking for opinions and are better discussed not stated matter-of-fact like.

Edited by jtischauser

Jesse I do NEED a new SG but I'm confused as to which type, and barrel length, the one I have is obviously too long for hallways in AK, and its not box fed, so its tacticoolness factor is really low, but it works so I guess thats a plus, I can hit stuff with it when I can see the sights which is much easier now that I've replaced my runned over shooting glasses :roflol:

I voted for Benelli Benelli Benelli, but then I like spaghetti, especially with white sauce. congrats on making Merlin's list, :bow: oh wait you were removed, bummer dude :(

I would really like to have a Molot!!!

Oh yeah, I H8 polls!!! :lol:

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Mike, thats spelled, Waaadduuuupppp!!! ;)

The only Remington 1100 i've seen that has consistently worked and been used and abused belongs to the left handed Miller,........No the other one!!!

He does maintain it throughout matches and it consequently works, unlike others that do not get maintained, but the same can be said for Saiga's or any other gas guns, they REQUIRE more TLC to keep running, Benelli's REQUIRE less TLC but they do require some, the bad thing about Benelli's is that most people turn less TLC into NO TLC, and they fail!!

Whatever SG you chose, you NEED to know what your gun REQUIRES, and give it that otherwise there will be an unhappy relationship. you cannot assume that because one thing worked for your last SG that your next one will require the same thing, they are all different.

I have seen more Gas SGuns fail in a match than any other type, but I have seen all types fail!! invariably its because of lack of proper maintainence, or lack of operator knowledge.

Trapr

Jesse, your poll is invalid. You left off the gun of choice for the southern division of RNT- the JC Higgins model 20. Nordic doesn't make an extension to fit it so I took the cardboard insert from a roll of Bounty and used the top of an old dip can for the extension's cap. I stretched the stock mag spring to the new length and duct taped my new extension to the factory mag tube. I used OD green duct tape though to make it look more tactical.

Jesse, your poll is invalid. You left off the gun of choice for the southern division of RNT- the JC Higgins model 20. Nordic doesn't make an extension to fit it so I took the cardboard insert from a roll of Bounty and used the top of an old dip can for the extension's cap. I stretched the stock mag spring to the new length and duct taped my new extension to the factory mag tube. I used OD green duct tape though to make it look more tactical.

By 3 gun I did not mean SASS. That extension tube sounds sweet though! Maybe You and Trapr can shoot your tacticool home defense shotguns in the curio & relic division at High Plains next year?

• 2 weeks later...

Triangle Shooting Sports M1 for Tactical Scope - Limited - Standard - Tac Iron - really Tactical 1X Red Dot and Iron - Heavy Metal Auto - Tuber Division(s).

Angus Hobdell's 1300 Practical for He Man Iron - He Man Scope Divisions. Thanks Angus! :cheers: