Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BGSL 3Gun 5th Sundays

The Bluegrass Sportmen's League is pleased to announce our new 5th Sundays Multi-Gun Match for the following dates:

August 29th, 2010.

October 31st, 2010.

January 30th, 2011.

May 29th, 2011

For more match information click here:

http://www.bgslinc.com/modules.php?name=BGSL_Sport_SSPROREV&file=page&load=Home.html

Interesting. 5 hour drive not as interesting, but not a show stopper. How many stages? Match fee? How long are the longest rifle shots? Any slugs needed? I looked around on the web site, but didn't see a way to sign up for email for the multigun stages and info.

Edited by mscott

Interesting. 5 hour drive not as interesting, but not a show stopper. How many stages? Match fee? How long are the longest rifle shots? Any slugs needed? I looked around on the web site, but didn't see a way to sign up for email for the multigun stages and info.

Match fee will be $15 for BGSL Club Members and $20 for non members.

The match will have at least 7 to 8 stages.

At this time the longest shot will be up to 75 yards.

We will have stages in the future that call for slugs but probably not for our first match. Once our mailing list is established round count and slug use info will be sent out prior to the match.

Our web page for the match is still in it's infancy and we will be updating it soon with a way to contact the Match Director and a mailing list. Until then you may contact the Match Director Greg Brown at roxymajor@yahoo.com. I will also try to answer any questions about the match posted on this thread.

Hope this helps :)

Tom Tryon

BGSL

If they run it like they did the USPSA Level 2 match they had in March or April or May, I dont remember, it will be WELL worth the drive, as its a 5hr drive for me as well, and Im very much wanting to attend.

Thank you John! Many of those same individuals will be involved in the running of this match also.

Hope to see you there. :cheers:

The info. page on the web site says tear down around 2:30. Is that even possible with 7 or 8 stages and a start time of 10:30?

We won't know until we try. Folks this is the first time we have done this. A lot of it will be played by ear. We'll try the best to put on one hell of a show but nothing is set in stone.

Cant make the first one in August, as Warsaw, IN is having its End of the Year USPSA Pistol match that weekend. But Halloween would be a good time for a 3gun match, and I believe Corey Schwanz and myself will both be attending..... I gotta break his 3gun cherry some how. Panzy has had "excuses" every other 3gun Ive shot this year.

Looks like I got a weekend pass from the director of homeland fidelity.

7 stages, even short stages, are a bunch for a day. Unless they are very quick reset stages, you guys may want to consider not coming out of the gate so hard.

I'm looking forward to it. I'll round up the Tac Iron crew and see you guys Sunday.

I saw the round count on the web site. I just want to make sure we do not need any buckshot or slugs for this match?

At this time we will only be using #7 birdshot or above. There will be stages that require slugs in the future but not for our first match. Round count and any use of slugs will be included in our mailing list that we are in the process of setting up. It will also be posted on the webpage.

Hope to see you there :sight:

I saw the round count on the web site. I just want to make sure we do not need any buckshot or slugs for this match?

At this time we will only be using #7 birdshot or above. There will be stages that require slugs in the future but not for our first match. Round count and any use of slugs will be included in our mailing list that we are in the process of setting up. It will also be posted on the webpage.

Hope to see you there :sight:

Stages are getting finalized. This is looking fun!

We will have our 1st 5th Sunday 3-Gun match at BGSL this Sunday, August 29, 2010.

We will be shooting 7 stages, minimum round count is 53 pistol, 72 rifle, and 33 shot. As always; bring extra ammo (especially pistol, there are lots of steel pistol targets.. you could miss ya know!).

Please look at the safety information and scoring system information on the 3-Gun 5th Sunday web page... http://www.bgslinc.com/modules.php?name=BGSL_Sport_SSPROREV&file=page&load=Home.html

Match registration will be open from 9:30 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. at the Pistol Div., Pit 1 shelter.

New shooter registration will be open from 9:15 a.m. until 9:30 a.m.; new shooters must be there no later than 9:30 a.m. for the new shooter check.

Please be there at 8:30ish to help set up. Please help tear down afterwards so everyone can get home early.

Remember, the following gate procedure is in effect and will work this way:

If you are a member you will just need to use your gate card to open the gate.

If you are not a BGSL member, simply use the key pad at the gate to call the number displayed on the sign for Pistol (006) and whoever has the Pistol phone will use it to remotely open the gate after you state that you are there for the IDPA match.

The Pistol phone will be answered from 8:45 until 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.

Greg

Ok guys there was some confusion with the rules. There are 2006 FB3G rules and 2008 FB3G rules. We are going to use the 2008 rules. That means that guns are grounded per WSB, in this case it will be empty or on safe. The scoring also changes a little. Please go to the BGSL website where the rules have been updated. Sorry for the confusion, just bear with us we'll try to do our best.

Me and Tom did some weed trimming today and Greg was painting steel and working on dump barrels. He has worked his ass off to get this match going so if you see him make sure you let him know how much fun you had!! :cheers:

For a new match director and a club that hasn't run multigun matches in years, this went extremely well. Putting on 7 stages was ambitious, and yeah, it was a long, hot day. Overall, it ran well, everyone stayed safe, and we all had a great time.

Nice match, Greg!bow.gif

And for those who came from many miles away to shoot this one, thanks for coming!

We even had some folks just come to watch -- who ended up pitching in with setup and breakdown. cheers.gif Bring some guns or borrow next time! Glad to have you.

Edited by Surge