Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IPSC Shotgun World Shoot Anyone ?

On the Agenda for the IPSC general Assembly being held on September 11 2010 in Serbia.

16. Motion

23) That the 2012 Shotgun World Shoot be hosted in the Region of Hungary.

Moved

Seconded

Carried___

Denied___

Shotgun World Shoot !

Yeah Baby, Its all good.... :D

N

The proposed range for the practical shotgun world shoot is in Debrecen, Hungary.

I was at the MFS Open Level 3 IPSC pistol match in Debrecen in July.

The range is an easy 10 minute drive from the centre of the city.

There are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants and Debrecen has a vast pedestrian plaza in its centre.

I have been at the above match a few times and have enjoyed it very much. For the past few years I have stayed in the Best Western Kalvin hotel which in right in the city centre. The Belgian Bar and Restaurant is highly recommended. We spent Sunday evening there watching the world cup final.

There is also accommodation a bit outside the city centre with car parking. Taxis are cheap and there is a tram service running around the city that can get you into the centre at low cost.

Debrecen is about 230 kilometers from Budapest airport and there is a very good motorway between both cities, so it is an easy 2.5 hour, or 3 hour drive, if you have a pit stop half way.

I have both a blog and a match report of the MFS Open on my web site www.practicalhandgun.com , which will show you images of the range and the city centre.

Regards, David.

Edited by David Thompson

Ok...I missed shooting the Pan Am, didn't miss the set up but...as we say in the south, I ain't bout to miss this one! I will be there SLP with XRAIL in hand provided they don't ban the XRAIL! If not standard for me then.

Larry

Team FNH USA

Good choice Jesse!

Most likely in 2011 there will be the second edition of the Central-European Shotgun Open at the Debrecen range.

I missed it this year but from my german, italian and serbian friends i heard they were impressed and will be back with and already planned to come back next year with a larger group of shooters.

With 20 stages it should be worthwhile a visit and most likely a combination with another match is possible.

Lets keep an eye on next years agenda when it fills up and dates are known.

Greetings

Adrie

Adrie makes a good point about schedules. Within "about" a month we have the European Handgun Champ., AustralAsia Handgun Champ., Latin American Handgun Champ -- all Level IV IPSC matches. We are also squeezing in the US Nationals. Every match worthwhile with excellent RMs, which while not a guarantee, the closest thing you can get to one for a great match. Oh, and the IPSC Assembly will be in Serbia.

My wife puts up with a lot (no further comment necessary - thanks!) but every 6-7 years a trip without a match at the end is required.

Budapest is beautiful. It sounds like a great opportunity and the RD is sharp and pays attention to detail. Sounds good...

BUT, if someone were to address the issue of schedules and especially in the light of the London Olympics -- we all will benefit.

Joel

• 1 month later...

For those who are interested ;

2th juli 2011 will be the second Central-European Shotgun Open.

It will be held at the location for WS SG1

20 stages and some 320 rounds http://www.puskaslovesz.hu/

If you want to shoot some more on this trip ;

One week later at 9th juli will be Czech Nationals Shotgun in Oparany (CNC tournament part II)

16 stages and some 220 rounds website not up yet http://leiko.powernet.cz/

(prematch 7th and 8th juli most likely will have slots free too)

Greetings

Adrie

I really enjoyed the PanAm match this summer. I think anybody that shot in that match is at the minimum - interested in another World Shoot Shotgun match. For sure I am, but I haven't a clue as to how to go about showing up at the range, ready to shoot. So, some simple questions to start out.

Can/Do we ship ammo into the country?

Once we get past all the legal requirements of getting our shotguns into the country, do we bag it up after the days shooting and carry it back to our rooms? Do we carry our range bags/ammo back to the rooms? Are there airless internet connections in the hotel rooms.

Including the first day to look over the range/stages and get organized, how many days in country would be required?

I didn't see a date, any chance we can shoot this in the snow time? I would go just for the chance to shoot without having to pick up the hulls!

So, some simple questions to start out.

Can/Do we ship ammo into the country?

By airlines max 5kg per person.(I suggest that you take your slugs and buck shots with you) If you arrange team ammo transport it's up to freight company.

Once we get past all the legal requirements of getting our shotguns into the country, do we bag it up after the days shooting and carry it back to our rooms?

Commonly yes

Do we carry our range bags/ammo back to the rooms?

Normally yes

Are there airless internet connections in the hotel rooms.

On 4 star hotels probably yes

Including the first day to look over the range/stages and get organized, how many days in country would be required?

I think 8 days will do fine. There is shooting on 6 days.

I didn't see a date, any chance we can shoot this in the snow time? I would go just for the chance to shoot without having to pick up the hulls!

No snow. Match is in summertime but no exact dates yet.

More info can be found from Global Village IPSC site. ;)

The match is scheduled for mid September at the moment but this is subject to some fine tuning.

8 days in country would do but a couple of extra days would make it a bit easier. You will shoot for 4 days out of the 6 match days giving 2 days off for rest and/or sightseeing. Shoot-offs and closing ceremony will be on Day 7.

At the start you will have registration and the Opening ceremony., hence why I suggested adding an extra couple of days. The match organizer will be very obliging in trying to cater for anyone working to a tight time frame, including some who might request shooting on days 3-6 because they can't get there early.

That said it would be a great shame to miss being part of the whole thing.

• 8 months later...

For those who are interested ;

2th juli 2011 will be the second Central-European Shotgun Open.

It will be held at the location for WS SG1

20 stages and some 320 rounds http://www.puskaslovesz.hu/

I wish the USA competitors on this match a smooth flight and trip to Hungary.

For myself it will also be first time shooting on this range.

Lets hope for a fun time and good learning experience for upcoming WS SG.

Gonna leave for Debrecen by car in a few days now.

If the weather forecast could change a bit all would be OK.

Greetings

Adrie

• 5 months later...

The match is scheduled for mid September at the moment but this is subject to some fine tuning.

8 days in country would do but a couple of extra days would make it a bit easier. You will shoot for 4 days out of the 6 match days giving 2 days off for rest and/or sightseeing. Shoot-offs and closing ceremony will be on Day 7.

At the start you will have registration and the Opening ceremony., hence why I suggested adding an extra couple of days. The match organizer will be very obliging in trying to cater for anyone working to a tight time frame, including some who might request shooting on days 3-6 because they can't get there early.

That said it would be a great shame to miss being part of the whole thing.

Are you referring to the 2011 or 2012 match, trying to make at least plans for what time of year I need to be off work to attend the World

thanks, cheers

The very first Shotgun World Shoot web site is here: http://shotgunworld-hungary.com/

Place:

Apafa shooting-range Debrecen, Hungary. (GPS: N 47.5614, E 21.6543)

Date:

2012.09.19 – 2012.09.30

Level: V.

Stages: 30

Minimum rounds: 450

Entry fee: 350 Euro

Main match capacity: 600

Pre match capacity: 200

Divisions: Open, Modified, Standard, Standard – manual

Categories: Overall, Lady, Junior, Senior, Super Senior

Match Director: Géza PUSKÁS

MD Assistant: Károly KRIZSÁN

Treasurer: Mihály HALASI

Range Master: -

Stat Director: -

Quarter Master: -

General mail: sgws2012@ipsc.hu

Deadlines

Registration start (Jan 03)

First deadline for slot reservation (Jan 31st)

Slot payment (Feb 15)

Second slot allocation (Feb16)

Final deadline for second allocation (Feb 28)

Second slot payment (March 10)

Schedule:

17-18 Sep Pre Match Registration

19-22 Sep Pre Match

21-23 Sep Main Match Registration

23 Sep Opening Ceremony

24-29 Sep Main Match

30 Sep Shoot Off and Awarding Ceremony

This will be a great time. If you are on the fence I can tell you that this will be a very good match at an awesome facility with very good people. I went to the European Open last year at this same venue and had a blast despite a rather dubious travelling companion!

Hello, I would like to shoot this event but the dates are not in my favor, I will be in Hungary from the end of july to thru the end of August but probably back home by the match date. Budapest is a great place to visit, the mass transit system great and there is no need for a rental car while in the city. The only time we rent a car is to visit Miskolc & Debrecen, the roads have been improved a great deal over the last 10 years and the trip from Budapest to Debrecen is very easy to make now. If something changes I would like to attend this match.

regards, karl @ GT

Just FYI, for those of you planning to shoot Open at the match, if you have a comp with ports over 90 degrees and any material (pieces of wad/lead) is directed through the ports, your shotgun might be declared unsafe...

Just FYI, for those of you planning to shoot Open at the match, if you have a comp with ports over 90 degrees and any material (pieces of wad/lead) is directed through the ports, your shotgun might be declared unsafe...

There are no comp or ports on my SG's but i sure hope and do believe common sense will prevail on this issue.

Greetings

Adrie