Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3-Gun at Rocky Mountain

Here's video of 2 of the stages

Great shooting with some fellow forum guys, had a lot of fun. Thanks to JJ and Denise for putting these on, and to the NRA Whittington Center for letting us have them there, I feel very lucky to be able to use such a great facility.

I shot like poop, but such is life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder about Saturday's (May 14) match at the Whittington Center in Raton. 5 stages - the 3-Gun should be run and gun...no boring practice stage this month! :devil: Long rifle - we're checking out some new targets! Bring 100 of each rifle, pistol, birdshot and about 10 slugs!

If you get there before 8am AND help set up a stage, you get a discount! Newbie briefing 0900, Shooter's briefing 0930. Plan is to start shooting by 1000.

$30

Weather looks okay, but always check e-mail before you head out in case of weird storms!

See you there! (We start and are organized around the pistol berms. Ask at the gate if you don't know how to get there!)

Denise

The website is: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder! :goof: (I forgot to post in June!) :(

July 9 - NRA Whittington Center - 3-Gun match to meet near the pistol berms.

We plan on having at least 2 stages away from the berms for this match! 5 stages - You should bring a rifle sling for this one! :devil:

What a great way to warm up for the BIG MATCH!

Newbie briefing 0900. Shooters meeting 0930. We'll try to get shooting ASAP.

$30 each

If you show up before 0800 and help set up a stage, you'll get a discount!

Doesn't hurt to let us know you're coming... :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed, so barring any extreme weather, the Sept 17 match is on at Whittington.

5 stages - Newbie briefing 0900, shooter's briefing 0930. We try to get shooting as early as we're all there!

$30 each - anyone who shows up before 0800 and helps set up a stage gets a discount!

Usually, plenty of rooms at Whittington to stay either the night before or the night after...but it's a busy weekend so who knows???

As usual, we plan one long range rifle plus(usually 400 or more), a 3-Gun stage (usually rifle out to 100), a shotgun/pistol, a pistol/rifle and an all shotgun! Meet near the pistol berms and we'll go from there!

Hope to see you there!

Denise

While I'm typing...

We were kind of sad that our turnout was so low in 2011. Maybe we didn't make them special enough...who knows! It is a VERY long drive from almost everywhere!

Anyway, the plan for 2012, is to have a 3-Gun match in March (following some clinics), July and either September or October.

In April, we plan to have a one day, 6 stage (still in the planning stages) rifle only match. We plan at least 3 long range stages as well as some run and gun and close quarters.

In June, we're planning a one day, 6 stage (we'll talk) shotgun only match. It would require birdshot, slugs and probably some buckshot!

That's the plan! Wouldn't mind hearing some opinions on the following:

We have them on weekends so people can come and not miss work. Would YOU be more likely to come if the one gun matches were a day and a half instead of one??? Would you like day and a half 3-Gun matches??

What would it take for some of you in our surrounding states: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, even Oklahoma and Missouri to join us?? Our stages are not quite as intense as JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, but they're more intense than your regular local matches...(Okay, sometimes I (or JJ) goes a little overboard and they ended up being almost as long as the National stages. :devil: AND they are at Whittington, so it's beautiful and full of wildlife!!!! (Even had to stop last year for deer and pronghorn!) :goof:

We don't give out prizes, obviously, but would certificates/awards help???

What kind of clinics would you be interested in attending in March??

If J-Ho promises to park your car, would you be more likely to drive your old junker up to shoot with us??? :roflol:

Thanks and hope to see you in September!

Denise

9/17 is the NRA Tactical Police Competition (3-gun) match in Albuquerque. I've committed to setup and RO for the match. I'll be there for 10/8.

I thought that match was the 18th? A guy in Denver is shooting this match the 17th and the TPC the 18th...or so he says.

.jj

9/17 is the NRA Tactical Police Competition (3-gun) match in Albuquerque. I've committed to setup and RO for the match. I'll be there for 10/8.

I thought that match was the 18th? A guy in Denver is shooting this match the 17th and the TPC the 18th...or so he says.

.jj

Apparently it is held both days but a shooter can do it in one day.

This Saturday we are having our "local" 3-Gun match at the Whittington Center in Raton. We meet near the pistol berms!

Set-up starts on Friday, but it you come before 0800 on Saturday and help set-up a stage, you get a discount.

$30 for the rest of you. Five stages! Long rifle out to 450 or so. We've got some fun and good practice type stages planned. It might be a good warm-up for Nationals! :devil:

Newbie briefing at 0900, shooter's briefing at 0930. We'll get started shooting as soon as possible!

All are welcome. If you're sure you will join us, we'd love to know ahead of time.

See you Saturday!

Denise and JJ

Another match done!

We're still having small turn-out, but we got some great practice in!

Thanks to all of you who showed up! We had a guy from as far as Nebraska and Texas!! We went through a LOT of ammo this month! But, the weather turned out great! Scores are posted on the website!

Last match of the year will be October 8, weather permitting!

Look forward to seeing you there!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder...not this weekend, but next weekend, October 8, we have our last "local" match of 2011 at the NRA Whittington Center.

We have some good ideas, so if you're going to join us, just give us a heads up!

Anyone who wants to help JJ set-up on Friday... :cheers:

Newbie briefing at 0900. Shooter's briefing at 0930 and we'll get shooting as soon as possible!

Hope to see you there!

Denise