Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 U.S. IPSC National Championship

The 2010 IPSC National Championship will be held October 1-2, 2010, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. This is a World Shoot Qualifier Match. The match will be 12 stages, approx 190 rounds minimum. This is a one-day format match - shoot either Friday or Saturday.

The stages have been approved and I expect to have them online within the next few days. As it looks right now, we will not have enough entries to recognize Modified or Revolver Divisions. We need at least 20 entries for each.

Stay tuned. More information will be posted. The application, hotel info, etc. can be reached from: www.southcarolina-uspsa.org.

thanks.

P/S The match also has a Facebook page. Updates will be posted there, as well.

Edited by Jack Suber

" As it looks right now, we will not have enough entries to recognize Modified or Revolver Divisions. We need at least 20 entries for each."

That is really a shame. My driving partner is a revolver shooter and may not want to make the 12 hour drive. I'll have to let him know.

" As it looks right now, we will not have enough entries to recognize Modified or Revolver Divisions. We need at least 20 entries for each."

That is really a shame. My driving partner is a revolver shooter and may not want to make the 12 hour drive. I'll have to let him know.

Tell him to get the apps in (and any other revo shooter) and maybe we can get the numbers. I figure we will be closer to 20 with Revo than we will with Modified. Heck, I think we had 13 at our section championship. Surely we can get 20 for a World Shoot Qualifier.

Come on you revo guys!

Tell him to get the apps in (and any other revo shooter) and maybe we can get the numbers. I figure we will be closer to 20 with Revo than we will with Modified. Heck, I think we had 13 at our section championship. Surely we can get 20 for a World Shoot Qualifier.

Come on you revo guys!

His app is in

The 2010 IPSC National Championship will be held October 1-2, 2010, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. This is a World Shoot Qualifier Match. The match will be 12 stages, approx 190 rounds minimum. This is a one-day format match - shoot either Friday or Saturday.

The stages have been approved and I expect to have them online within the next few days. As it looks right now, we will not have enough entries to recognize Modified or Revolver Divisions. We need at least 20 entries for each.

Stay tuned. More information will be posted. The application, hotel info, etc. can be reached from: www.southcarolina-uspsa.org.

thanks.

P/S The match also has a Facebook page. Updates will be posted there, as well.

Or you can go to the match website: http://www.lchico5u.com/ipsc.html

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

Edited by LChico

Come on you revo guys!

His app is in

Let me explain the "recognition" of divisions. There must be 20 shooters in a division at a level 3 IPSC match to be eligible for a President's Gold Medal. Please note that only the High Overall in the division gets a medal, unless Categories (Jr, Sr & Super Sr) have at least 5 - and then category winners in recognized divisions can earn a Gold Medal.

We are NOT prohibited from recognizing other areas of achievement - at the recent IPSC Pan Am Shotgun match, we also recognized the second and third place shooters in any division (with framed certificates rather than a medal). So, there is nothing that prohibits me from awarding plaques/trophies to positions other than high overall, as well as divisions that do not meet the minimum requirement for an IPSC President's medal.

But, I would still love to see a great turnout of revolver and modified shooters :D

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

• 2 weeks later...

Come on you revo guys!

Wish I could be there Jack, but will be working/shooting our NC SECTION match that weekend, good luck from an NC REVO shooter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CZ,

The round count looks low because IPSC rules specify a ratio of Long to Medium to Short courses. So this match will have something like 3 Long courses, 6 Medium Courses, and 2 short Courses. An USPSA match on the other hand would have 10 long courses and 2 short courses likely stuck together on one berm.

Actually, the ipsc rule book suggests a ratio of 3 Short/2 Medium/1 Long course...at 191 rounds for 12 stages I bet that is what we are going to get......great warm up for the World Shoot which my son and I will be attending.

Lee

The Rules do suggest a 1,2 4 ratio. With a 12 stage match, it would result in 2 Long Courses, 4 Medium, and 6 Short courses. I switched it up a little - 2 Long, 6 Medium, and 4 short courses. I wanted to get a little more shooting into the match. The round count is 191. See y'all in a couple of weeks.

Jack, any chance you'll be posting the stages? I was planning on going down that Friday and watch the action and see the stages before I shoot on Saturday ( even if it was from the sidelines ), but damn work has me in San Diego that week flying home on Friday, not landing in Greenville until 5pm. Stupid work...why do I put up with it....Oh yeah...to fund my hobbby, that's right! :blush:

OK...never mind..... :blush: just posted this and see your response above!!

Edited by CZinSC

Jack, any chance you'll be posting the stages? I was planning on going down that Friday and watch the action and see the stages before I shoot on Saturday ( even if it was from the sidelines ), but damn work has me in San Diego that week flying home on Friday, not landing in Greenville until 5pm. Stupid work...why do I put up with it....Oh yeah...to fund my hobbby, that's right! :blush:

I just did. Go to www.southcarolina-uspsa.org . See you in a couple of weeks.

I just did. Go to www.southcarolina-uspsa.org . See you in a couple of weeks.

You guys ALWAYS run a great match at MCRC, I'm looking forward to it.