Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 U.S. IPSC National Championship

One week away. I am excited. :cheers:

Could someone please tell me the range surface of this range?

Unless it has changed since I was there 3 years ago, it is sand.

Hard packed red Carolina clay, covered with sand.

See examples

post-5346-056053200 1285547344_thumb.jpgpost-5346-000175200 1285547371_thumb.jpg

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

Edited by LChico

I would wear cleats. If we get rain during the week (which we are supposed to have tomorrow and Tuesday) it can get a little slick...

Cool, Thanks. :cheers:

Linda's picture is a good representation. If you want to see a little more, check out some of my videos from the SC State Match in April. Follow this link, and then look for others that are labeled "Glenn A Stage#.wmv". The ones labeled "Glenn F Stage#.wmv" are my buddy from the same match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCY6EFB2ew

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club (MCRC) is an outdoor shooting range located about 2 miles south of the towns of South Congaree and Pineridge.

From I-26 East

Coming from Greenville-Spartanburg area or I-20 East to I-26 East Take exit 115 and take a right off the exit ramp (toward Swansea). At the traffic light at the top of the hill take a right onto Fish Hatchery Road. After about 5 miles, you will come to a stop sign, and a road sign that indicates Busbee Rd to the left, and Fish Hatchery Rd to the right. Turn Right. Once you pass Forest Manor Mobile Home Park, look for a dirt road to the left.

From I-26 West

Coming from Charleston, Orangeburg or I-95 South Take exit 115 and take a left from the exit ramp (toward Swansea). Go under the interstate and continue to the traffic light at the top of the hill. Take a right onto Fish Hatchery Road. After about 5 miles, you will come to a stop sign, and a road sign that indicates Busbee Rd to the left, and Fish Hatchery Rd to the right. Turn Right. Once you pass Forest Manor Mobile Home Park, look for a dirt road to the left.

From I-77 South Coming from Charlotte or I-20 West (Exit 76) to I-77 South As you approach the I-77 and I-26 interchange, you will see a sign for Exit 1 (Cayce). Exit here (before getting to I-26). At the end of the exit ramp, at the traffic light, proceed straight onto Fish Hatchery Road. After about 5 miles, you will come to a stop sign, and a road sign that indicates Busbee Rd to the left, and Fish Hatchery Rd to the right. Turn Right. Once you pass Forest Manor Mobile Home Park, look for a dirt road to the left.

From their website:

Lee

Looks like the weather is slated to be perfect, I can't wait! will be watching some friday and shooting Saturday See you all there!

we need good restaurant recommendations lol.

Steve,

Yep. Weather looks like it will cooperate this weekend. All the rain hit us a little while ago. The range should dry significantly by Friday, but I would still wear cleats...The clay can still hold water and be slicker than snot is some places. I will try to address the slick areas tomorrow.

See you this weekend.