Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Catching a fly ball

rhgunguy

Tonight I went to my wife's company outing at the minor league baseball game. Like every boy in America I wanted to catch a fly ball. Not wanted, needed. At 10 years old, catching that ball is more important than seeing your first boob. Now, at almost 27 I have seen a few, but have not gotten a single fly ball. Until tonight. Damn thing hit the bleachers 3 yards to my left, bounced and almost spilled my beer-if I hadn't caught it. Then I saw a 10 year old kid running towards me with a mit on and in less than a split on a point-blank target I decided to flip him the ball. The owner of my wife's company came over and clapped me on the shoulder and said, "Nice play". My wife also knew how much I wanted to catch a fly ball and asked me why I didn't keep it. I told her my priorities have changed.

Moral of the story:Tonight I caught the ball 17 years to late and didn't hold onto it, but I did get to see boobs.

I think it's cool when you get to the point in life where there's a role reversal, where giving means more than getting. Sort of like the first time you pay for your parents' meal at a restaurant, or let your child have the last cookie.

Jeff Foxworthy says that men basically want 3 things. Something to eat, a beer, and to see a woman naked..

I'd say you had a pretty good day!

It's something to eat, a beer, and to see "somthin'" naked. Not sure if the dog applies.

Moral of the story:Tonight I caught the ball 17 years to late and didn't hold onto it, but I did get to see boobs.

Thank you for the big belly laugh this gave me.. it has been a while since I did that! :cheers:

Mission accomplished!

I saw this on Yahoo today and immediately thought of this post. Very funny stuff.

Foul Ball

Reminded me of the same thing!

This poor guy in contrast though, probablly didn't get to see da boobs!! :blush:

He might have stood a chance of seeing some booby if he would have manned up and protected the lady. Wonder if he screamed like a little girl while he was running away? :roflol:

Pat

• 2 years later...

By way of an update, shortly after that game, we conceived my son. He is now 23 months. Today at the end of my company baseball outing a random guy handed my son a fly ball that he caught. Just goes to show that there is still decency in humanity and that paying it forward always pays off.