Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Houston TX!

Total competition FNG here.

Been shooting all of my life, but never a competition. I'm former US Army, former career LEO.

This is something that I have always wanted to do, but have never had the time to dedicate. I am going to start small, just production for now. Once I get my feet wet, I'll try 3-gun. I'll probably just lurk for a while. There is a ton of good reading on here. I'm a Sig guy, but from what I am hearing, I probably want to pick up an M&P in order to have a chance here. I'll probably get a .40, as what ever I get it will have to serve as a back-up carry gun.

Thanks for the great intel so far!!!

Are coming to any of the matches this weekend? There's one tomorrow at Bailey's House of Guns, and Impact Zone on Sunday. We'll be happy to have you. You can check out the calendar for more info at www.texassouthsection.com

Thanks guys! I can't believe how much there is around Houston. :-)

I am busy this weekend. At best, I am going to free up an hour or two to go hit the gun show this Sunday afternoon. I will come watch the 3-gun match next weekend at PSC. As soon as I can get something that shoots ammo I can afford, I'll enter a shoot. I am hoping within the next two weeks.

Welcome to the forum!

The Impact Zone match near Bellville will be Sunday, definitely worth going to.

Should your schedule open up by Sunday, PM me. I have an extra Production gun and rig you could use for the match.

You'd just need ammo (200 rounds of 9mm will be plenty).

Roman

Thanks for the info guys!

OK, it's official. I'm BROKE!!! I snagged a M&P 40 today. So far I love it. Bought a few spare mags, and 500 rounds of practice ammo to get going.

Next pay-day, I'm calling comp-tac. I may want to get some trigger work done too.

I'll go to a shoot next weekend and check things out. Smiling from ear to ear... :-)

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you ask questions at the 3-gun. Everyone will help and answer them. I will be there. I can show you around and answer questions. I am fairly new to 3-gun and handgun competition. But be careful. It can be addictive. Most fun you can have with your clothes on.

gerritm