Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dillon Powder Rod Stop

I'm trying to find out what kind of knob that is, I looked at my local Lowe's today and they didn't have anything even close. The knobs that I have seen seem to be 3 different types, female threaded, male threaded, or a bushing with a set screw, so I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what he's buying that can fit on a 7/16" hex nut, and I have to go out of town to get to a Home Depot, might be a while... :huh:

I checked at my local home depot and found out that they all don't carry the same things. My store doesn't have it and I have to go up to Tucson because they probably have it.

I also noticed that "old" power rod stop is not the one I have so I must have a "really old" version. It is just a small black washer looking thing?

Neal in AZ

For some reason, none of the Lowes around here stock the knobs, although every Home Despot does (at least until they run out of stock, they never seem to restock that stuff). What you want is a "Flowerette" knob. They're in with the spacers, corks, aluminum screws and other miscellaneous small parts.

As far as the white washer / collar on the "powder failsafe rod" is concerned, Dillon have been shipping them with that part for ages.

The clever white wing nut arrangement on the powder bar is something they should be shipping. I personally would order about 10.

Doo-dad.

That would be similar to a thingymagig, or a whatcha macallit.

Can they be made by guestimation or do you get real technical and measure them with an eyechrometer. :)

If they are a tad out of spec they of course could be recalibrated by use of a knockometer, and rechecked by an aproximeter. :P

gm iprod,

My wife bought me my 650 for my birthday directly from Dillon in 1995 and I got the black washer so they must have changed it after that. I never realized they made a change until now.

Neal in AZ

The black washers was first then the clearish white one with the split ends, the solid white bushing is from the SL900 shotgun loader, it is standard on all powder systems now on all machines. It is free if you need one.