Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-tech For Vertec

D.Hayden

I saw in Front Sight this month that David Olhasso shoots a Vertec, and it appears he has a Kydex holster. I thought I read somewhere it was a Blade-Tech.. but anyway.. I checked Blade-tech and they do have one, so...

I have a Uncle Mikes for my 92FS (now my wife does), and as I move to the 96 Vertec for Production, I want a Kydex holster for it.

There's a lot more options than an Uncle Mikes, anyone use these with a Vertec?

And sharp edges on it? I have a Fobus for my Kimber, it scratched the hell out of it.

Generally is the Cant Straight or FBI (I think 14 degrees) more common?

And the attachments. I'm using a 1 3/4" belt. what the difference: Tek-Lok, 1 3/4 with Shims, or 1 3/4"

And sharp edges on it? I have a Fobus for my Kimber, it scratched the hell out of it.

That's status quo for a Kydex holster. If you like this material, you're just going to have to live with it.

Generally is the Cant Straight or FBI (I think 14 degrees) more common?

The Blade-Tech Standard Belt Holster is a straight drop, although it can be ordered with an FBI tilt.

I have a Blade-Tech for my XD and it is very nice.

If you are getting one for USPSA Production, get the Dropped Offset Holster. It is the same holster as the belt one but the hanger is lower. If you don't like it or want to use it for IDPA, teh Tek-Loc will make it legal.

For IPSC I use the Blade-Tech Dropped & offset. For IDPA, I use the belt slide holster with a Tek-Lok. Both holsters are straight drop. Kydex holsters will definately wear the finish of your gun, especially if it is a traditionally blued slide like a beretta, but the speed and consistency of kydex is worth it.

Do you guys happen to know if it's possible to retrofit belt holsters with the Tek-Lok? All of my Blade-Tech stuff has belt loops except for one mag carrier with the Tek-Lok ... and that one item is by far my favorite and the most convenient.

I would love to find a secure/quality/kydex holster for Limited.

A .91 first shot takes second on the priority list with a secure holster being first.

I want to find a lowcut kydex with a slight muzzle fwd cant. I want the grip of the gun to be parallel with the ground.

Rhino,

I don't think so --- unless the beltloops are attached with screws, like the Dropped and offset hanger is. You could always hold a sale in the classifieds or on e-bay and use the proceeds to fund replacements with Tek-loks.....

Tom,

I'm pretty sure Blade-tech will build to order for an S_I --- and the DOH is cant adjustable to hang straight, muzzle forward, or FBI Tilt...

I don't think so --- unless the beltloops are attached with screws, like the Dropped and offset hanger is. You could always hold a sale in the classifieds or on e-bay and use the proceeds to fund replacements with Tek-loks.....

Good idea!

• 1 month later...

This took a while to get here, Blade-Tech was a little backed up, but it's made very nice, smooth and the adjustments are perfect. A little loose on the 1 3/4" belt it's on, but a little skateboard tape shoud fix that, might need a shim to.

I ordered one for my KImber on 1 1/2" belt - very snug, doesn't need either...

Thanks for the help........