Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poll: Who will win Top Shot?

I'm glad to hear that there will be a Season 2 of Top Shot. I hope that the producers learned a little about the format and challenges.

While the competitors' non-shooting qualities like integrity, teamwork, and loyalty (or lack thereof) will play a significant role in the gaming aspects of the competition, pure shooting ability will still be the major determinant of the final contest. My money is still on JJ unless somehow he and Blake are maneuvered into a one-on-one elimination.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the first couple of shows, I remember thinking that most of the shooters had no idea who Blake and JJ were. Obviously that is over. But while I very much believe that both of them are the strongest overall competitors, how far they will go will depend on a number of aspects, some involving skill, some involving luck, and a good deal of politics. We have seen a lot of skill so far and some luck but as the show progresses, I am afraid politics will play an increasingly important role.

But it is still easily the most enteraining outdoor show on the tube.

My money is still on JJ unless somehow he and Blake are maneuvered into a one-on-one elimination.

As best I can figure it, with only six total votes left on the team, Blake and JJ can't get manuevered into a mano-a-mano elimination face off.

All they have (had? I keep forgetting everything happened months ago - all done, but not yet said) to do is vote together for somebody other than themselves. The other four only have the votes to get one of them in the elimination. If the other four are smart, they'd lay off the tactic for now, because, unless JJ/Blake are forced to vote first, once they see a vote cast against one of them, they could put two votes together on one of the four, which puts that person at risk against the top shooters on Blue Team. The best the four could do is stalemate the voting at two votes each against JJ and Blake, with JJ/Blake putting an equal two votes on one of them.

Edited by kevin c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only 10 of us "guessed" right. I'm glad a 3-gunner won it! I do think it is interesting that a mid level C class USPSA shooter was able to win. Shows that he is in fact diverse. I think it also illustrates that USPSA (and other forms of competition) serve to improve shooters even if they don't practice.