Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Ar?

texasag93

OK, I found another that looks to be what I want!!?? The Fulton Arms rifle in this months issue of American Rifleman. Anyone know what the quality is on these. Keep in mind this rifle is for play as much as 3-gun. I want to be able to put as much sh*t(different options) on it as I feel like. TXAG

Thanks Rhino, I did mean "make minor". With the lowered minor there sure is a lot of fooling around you could do with loads for different stages at different distances if you knew your point of aim for each.

GUY , you had more points in limited class only. points are figured off of your comstock scores. the higher the comstock, the better score you get.Your stage comstocks are as followes, stage 1-2.9132, stage 2-6.4855, stage 3-3.5296. I finished 3rd. in open & comstocked stage 1-3.2026 stage 2-6.2753 stage 3-3.9574. comatock is stage score divided by time, so while you kicked ass in limited , you did'nt in open class.

Hey Texasag93,

I know the shorty has it's appeal, but If you won't listen to Benny & Tony (a coupla nobodys for sure :P ) at least take a good hard look at an 18 incher if you are dead set on a shorty and still wanna shoot 3Gun competitively. I'm chopped liver, but those guys are the real shjt, and I would really listen to them if they gave me any advice (I would also be really, really honored).

BTW, I shoot a 20" AR and have never found a house clearing stage or even a small helicopter back seat (2003 RM3G) to be an issue with it. The sight radius issue with irons is a real big thing, and the cyclic impulse difference is much more than just noticeable.

--

Regards,

I have to agree with George that Bennie and Tony are both great shooters (Tony H. is REALLY good) and you should respect thier opinions. And I am the first to admit that the sight radius issue is important.......the longer the better. But I also have to point out that the Dissapator model has the same sight radius as a 20" gun and the barrel is still 16" thus making it shorter overall which may be part of what you are trying to accomplish.

;)

Sorry there is no pleasing you Guy. I pay my money & try to shoot a match as well as I can. If I tried to fix everyone's gun at a match that ask's, I would never finish on time & my mental game would be crap worring about everyone's problem's. I will do a lot of thing's for the shooters , but I need to enjoy my game also.

I can see the advantages of the 20 inch guns for 3-gun, but if the gun is going to be used for other stuff, a shorter barrel has some advantages too. If it's going to be used (potentially) for personal or homeland defense, lighter is usually better, which means a thin profile, 16 or 14.5 inch barrel.

I sort of got the impression from the original messages that the guy wanted it for general use and maybe 3-gun too.

Rhino,

You are correct. I believe all my weapons are for general use first and competition second. I don't drive a drag car to work and I don't have a different gun for competition and carry. I carry the same exact rifle in the front seat of my truck every day that I compete with. It sure seems to work well enough for both.

Guy

I have found a used Bushmaster XM15 ES2(?) I think. I looked it over and liked it. It is used so I will actually be able to shoot it before I buy. I like the idea of that. I will try it out and see how it goes. TXAG