Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost my job again, all because the new boss hates me

Mbauer67

Exactly one year to this day I lost my job, and have been doing temp work to earn money for the past year. Guess what happened this morning?

I walked into the office this morning just as the boss was coming down the hall, he said hello and asked me to step into his office for a minute. He then informed me that they are not going to be able to bring me on as a full time employee like he had promised, and that I have 3 weeks of employment left at my current position. It just shows a person word just doesn’t mean anything any more.

What a life......

Exactly one year to this day I lost my job, and have been doing temp work to earn money for the past year. Guess what happened this morning?

I walked into the office this morning just as the boss was coming down the hall, he said hello and asked me to step into his office for a minute. He then informed me that they are not going to be able to bring me on as a full time employee like he had promised, and that I have 3 weeks of employment left at my current position. It just shows a person word just doesn’t mean anything any more.

What a life......

Hmmm, Methinks you are reading too much into this. Nowhere in your post does it say your boss hates you, just that you are losing your job. I know it sucks, but so does a vacuum cleaner. Just try and keep a positive attitude about it (last time I lost my job, I ended up with a MUCH better one, making 3 times what I was making!) and things will work out, eventually.

The permalancer thing sucks, but like others said, it doesn't necessarily mean anyone hates you. 

OTOH, if you think people hate you, it might be worth figuring out if you do things that rub people the wrong way and work on them, or if you imagine things that aren't there, and work on easing up on that. 

• 3 weeks later...

What a life......

I worked for a temp agency at one time and I know the feeling, working your tail off to a company to prove you are serious and in their word; "we like how you work Mr. Veli, your a hard worker!" Days later I'm relocated literally working in some dump! As I gottin older I have changed the way I talk dress and set new goals and standards! So I am who I am with a more attitude and always think as a leader with a winning attitude! You'll find better, keep your head up and smile.

What a life......

I worked for a temp agency at one time and I know the feeling, working your tail off to a company to prove you are serious and in their word; "we like how you work Mr. Veli, your a hard worker!" Days later I'm relocated literally working in some dump! As I gottin older I have changed the way I talk dress and set new goals and standards! So I am who I am with a more attitude and always think as a leader with a winning attitude! You'll find better, keep your head up and smile.