Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised there aren't more SS shooters, given that the match is a month after the SSN and at the same range. I need a couple of M or GM SSers on squad 411 to show me how it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All signed up.. Bummer I wont get to shoot with my parents at this one but still looking forward to it. If anyone feels like shooting Friday instead of Saturday just let me know so I can jump in your spot lol.. Especially if you are on squad 305... Can't wait for this event, it will be my first Major..

All signed up.. Bummer I wont get to shoot with my parents at this one but still looking forward to it. If anyone feels like shooting Friday instead of Saturday just let me know so I can jump in your spot lol.. Especially if you are on squad 305... Can't wait for this event, it will be my first Major..

Good luck buddy.... be safe and have fun! Sorry we couldn't get you on the squad you wanted... just a little late to the table.

JT

The USPSA site is running again, but the A5 squadding is locked. Also the start times have been changed to 0700, is this correct?

Nevermind... hadn't read my email explaining why it's locked. :blush:

Edited by centermass

The USPSA site is running again, but the A5 squadding is locked. Also the start times have been changed to 0700, is this correct?

What did the e-mail say? I just signed up today and need to get squadded.

What did the e-mail say? I just signed up today and need to get squadded.

Dear ,

The following message is being sent to you by the match squadding

administration for the 2011 Area 5 Championship.

To all Area 5 Championship shooters,

I\'m not sure how many of you know that the USPSA website was down for a couple of days. I just checked it\'s status and found it to be back in operation. After uploading competitors for the last couple of days I found that there may be some issues with squadding particularly on squad 305. Every Saturday slot was full before the system went down. There is now 2 slots open on 305. I am going to reserve those slots for a few days until the people originally squadded there have the opportunity to contact me to get back on that squad. If I don\'t hear from those people by Friday I will open them back up to everyone. Please contact me at dhayen@tcgc.net.

Regards,

Dale

Dear ,

To All Area 5 Championship Shooters,

Since my last email notification I have been contacted by a couple of shooters that seem to have been bumped out of slots they had secured before USPSA\'s website malfunction. I have locked the system down until we can see if USPSA has a backup of the data as of 5/7/2011. If USPSA cannot supply a backup, I am going to ask anyone who was able to squad themselves on Saturday or Sunday, especially those on a Saturday squad to please contact me and allow me the opportunity put the people displaced by the crash back where they belong.

Regards,

Dale Hayen

Area 5 Registration

dhayen@tcgc.net

Thanks. That seems like a good reason to shut it down for a while.

I would guess that *all* of the match and squadding information is in a single database which means that restoring a backup would undo squadding in other matches that have been scheduled since 5/7.

Edited by TGriff

Thanks. That seems like a good reason to shut it down for a while.

I would guess that *all* of the match and squadding information is in a single database which means that restoring a backup would undo squadding in other matches that have been scheduled since 5/7.

Squadding has been unlocked...

Dear ,

To All Area 5 Championship Shooters,

Thank You for being patient with us while we try to sort out the issues created by the USPSA server crash.

When they came back online it was with the latest backup they had! We have pieced squads back together through email messages as best that we can at this time.

Presently I have 2 slots reserved on squad 301 and 1 slot on squad 406. I am going to leave it like that for a couple of days so everyone affected has the opportunity to respond. From what we can tell squad 305 is back where it should be. Starting times were put back to where they should be as well. I am going to unlock the system to everything except the 3 slots mentioned above. If need be contact me at: dhayen@tcgc.net

Regards,

Dale Hayen

Area 5 Registration

It must have been very brief. USPSA is down again. :(

Nope. Back up but I'm not on the list, yet.

Has this been resolved? If not, send me your info and I'll look into it

Edited by JThompson

Everything is good to go. I talked with Dale and the online squadding is working. All the weekend slots are full but that's my fault for dragging-ass. Friday it is.

Everything is good to go. I talked with Dale and the online squadding is working. All the weekend slots are full but that's my fault for dragging-ass. Friday it is.

Roger that...

I registered late and just got squadded. The good news is that there was an opening this morning for a sat/sun squad, which is what I need. The bad news is that I am the only Ltd C class shooter in my squad. Lots of GM, M and A class shooters. It will be a good opportunity to learn.

Edited by Attila

I registered late and just got squadded. The good news is that there was an opening this morning for a sat/sun squad, which is what I need. The bad news is that I am the only Ltd C class shooter in my squad. Lots of GM, M and A class shooters. It will be a good opportunity to learn.

GM. M, A

That's the good news... you are better off shooting with guys that are better than you. As long as you don't try and shoot over your ability you will be fine and can learn a great deal from those better shooters.

JT

I'm planning to shoot Area 5. But, is there anymore slots left for Sat.(PM)/Sun(AM)?

I tried to register on-line and there's no shooting schedule available. Do I need

to mail the form also? Thanks!

Edited by Eagle40