Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taping Hands/wrist

pinblasteroh

Hey everyone,

Quick question as I cant seem to find an answer. I messed up my wrist playing flag football, am I allowed to wear a wrist brace or tape my wrist while shooting USPSA? Its been three weeks since I did this and I still cant do a pushup however I have grip strength. Any one seen this? I was going to practice and see if taping will help my wrist pain but I wanted to know if it is legal. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Quick question as I cant seem to find an answer. I messed up my wrist playing flag football, am I allowed to wear a wrist brace or tape my wrist while shooting USPSA? Its been three weeks since I did this and I still cant do a pushup however I have grip strength. Any one seen this? I was going to practice and see if taping will help my wrist pain but I wanted to know if it is legal. Thanks.

Perfectly legal.

If it works well enough, you might even be able to sell the idea to other shooters.

If it becomes more of a long-term problem, we used to use Inzer wrist wraps in powerlifting - they'd be overkill for shooting, but they're reasonable, well-made, and easy to put on - they have a loop sewn on to go around your thumb.

I shoot 3 gun with a guy who has to have a wrist support for his shotgun due to an old injury. If anyone thinks there might be an advantage here, let me save you a trip to the drug store and tell you this is the type of help that you will not even wear one complete match unless you have to have it. Sort of like saying those guys in wheelchairs have an advantage because they get to sit all day.

I shoot 3 gun with a guy who has to have a wrist support for his shotgun due to an old injury. If anyone thinks there might be an advantage here, let me save you a trip to the drug store and tell you this is the type of help that you will not even wear one complete match unless you have to have it. Sort of like saying those guys in wheelchairs have an advantage because they get to sit all day.

+1 :cheers:

• 12 years later...

Seems like all I do on this site is bump old threads, but I love seeing old posts, like going back in time to watch the sport evolve.

Is this still legal? I would feel guilty taping up my wrists at a match if no one else was doing it...

On 6/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, madness661 said:

Seems like all I do on this site is bump old threads, but I love seeing old posts, like going back in time to watch the sport evolve.

Is this still legal? I would feel guilty taping up my wrists at a match if no one else was doing it...

Yes it is legal.