Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting after almost 2 years

MarkS_A18138

Going to shoot my first local match in almost 2 years! Feeling like I need to dryfire! Tracy and I are looking at getting back into shooting small stuff around Texas....Our life has been hectic the last couple of years with another shooting sport, but our love is in pistol. My daughter is moving up the ranks quickly at major tournaments and Shea truly loves the world of shotgun (Sporting Clays)…But I miss IPSC and so does Tracy! So while Tracy takes Shea to the US Open for Sporting Clays in Mississippi this week I am playing with the Open Gun!!!!

Always wanted to see Shea make master class(in pistol)but it looks like she will make master in shotgun this year! Thats cool too!

Mark: Good for you,Tracy and Shea :cheers: I know you will like it even more now since you don't have to load for 3 guns. Do you remember how to use that Dillon reloader :roflol: If you are ever in New Mexico look us up. They have some great matches out here and not as humid as Texas :surprise: Thanks, Eric

• 3 months later...

Well it happened, Tracy and I were at one of our daughters many sporting clay shoots in Dallas. We decided that we needed to go shoot one of the local matches in the Dallas area. Started out by facebook'ing one of our friends Carina B and finding out if there were any shoots this weekend. Think goodness there was a match in Johnson county about 75 miles south of the Sporting Clays range. Left Shea at the range with the motor home, dogs and the clay cart! Said good luck, but Mom and I have to go back to our world!!!!!!! Tracy and I had the talk before we got there, shoot slowly and get your hits and have fun!!! The buzzer went off I shot a slow and conservative stage 1, Tracy on the other hand went full throttle and had 4 mike’s but it sounded awesome. Tracy had not forgot how to pull the trigger after 2 years out of the game…One of the funny things said by some of the people that had never seen us before was holy crap this was not her first rodeo!!! After she gone done Tracy was walking back telling Carina that she was out of control, the gun was out of control and she never had a sight picture. Stage 2 was slower and clean!!! Guys the bottom line is Tracy and I had a load of fun and finished toward the bottom of the pack! I would like to thank Carina for the info! Now to find a shoot around the SA area at the end of the month during the NSCA nationals….