Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi 3-gun challenge

If this is to be FB3G rules, can someone tell me what the HM rules for pistol are? I didn't see rules posted yet on this year's site. Is it single stack only or just limited by caliber and capacity. What is the capacity limit?

TIA

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For you Mike a snuby wheel gun in 44mag. Or I think its 45acp 8 in the mag 9rnds in the gun at start.It didn't have to be a single stack. Thats what it was at Benning 2 or 3 yrs ago if I remember.

Ryan

Edited by sono

For you Mike a snuby wheel gun in 44mag. Or I think its 45acp 8 in the mag 9rnds in the gun at start.It didn't have to be a single stack. Thats what it was at Benning 2 or 3 yrs ago if I remember.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, at least the short .44 wouldn't be as loud as Sam's m14, eh? My ears are still ringing from the May match.

• 2 weeks later...

Carina,

Coming very soon. Until then practice up with the new 3-gun gear your collecting. You need to be able to hit anything 4MOA out to 300 yds or so with the rifle.(12 inches at 300)

HOP

Oh By the way.

EXCELLENT shooting at A-4 ! :cheers::sight::sight:

Edited by hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

ASK and you shall RECIEVE !!!! ;)

Entry form is attached. (well I thought it was attached, let me work on it) :angry2:

We'll be shooting 7 minimum stages 8 most likely (like last year) and we'll still limit the match to 75 shooters.

Match Hotel will be the Hampton Inn this year. We're working out a deal for rates so hold on a little while for that.

Potential Sponsors, please contact Chad Lofton his contact info is on the attachment.

Please wait until after the Pan-Am shotgun Championship to send you entries to Linda.

When you do. ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE MARK MS 3-GUN CHALLENGE otherwise you will make LINDA mad at you and ME !!!!(Something I don't want).

Stages are being finalized so round numbers are still being changed.

We moved our match so there would not be a schedule conflict with the OZARK 3-gun championship so the match will fill quickly. Don't be late.

See you in October.

Hopalong

OK, let's see if this works.

Entry and info:

Edited by hopalong

ASK and you shall RECIEVE !!!! ;)

Entry form is attached. (well I thought it was attached, let me work on it) :angry2:

We'll be shooting 7 minimum stages 8 most likely (like last year) and we'll still limit the match to 75 shooters.

Match Hotel will be the Hampton Inn this year. We're working out a deal for rates so hold on a little while for that.

Potential Sponsors, please contact Chad Lofton his contact info is on the attachment.

Please wait until after the Pan-Am shotgun Championship to send you entries to Linda.

When you do. ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE MARK MS 3-GUN CHALLENGE otherwise you will make LINDA mad at you and ME !!!!(Something I don't want).

Stages are being finalized so round numbers are still being changed.

We moved our match so there would not be a schedule conflict with the OZARK 3-gun championship so the match will fill quickly. Don't be late.

See you in October.

Hopalong

OK, let's see if this works.

Entry and info:

Please put applications in the mail after August 1st. I will be out of town (in Kentucky) for several weeks - July 19 through August 3.

Thanks!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 MS 3 Gun Statistician

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us have staffed ALL the Ft. Benning 3-gun challenges and have an Idea of what goes on. ;)

We will be using the same rules, the same awesome Stats Lady (THanks Linda) and intend to have you tuned up for Ft. Benning (somewhat, we're NOT digging a trench in our range though)

Hopalong ;)

You don't have to dig a trench, you got that nice little pond to shoot out of.... :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, by the way. If we can get 20+ Heavy Metal shooters we'll give away an M1a to someone in the HM division !!!!!!

(How's that for an incentive?) :devil:

HOP

The evil MD ;)

goof.gifI'll be there shooting HM. That will be a kick a** prize for someone! (Not that I'll get first but strange things can always happen!) My dad and friend are coming also so you can count on 1 more tac optic and 1 more tac iron too. Apps coming soon.

Oh, by the way. If we can get 20+ Heavy Metal shooters we'll give away an M1a to someone in the HM division !!!!!!

(How's that for an incentive?) :devil:

HOP

The evil MD ;)

I'll play, just to help you get the 20. I may have already asked, but is it ANY .45 with a 10 round applied limit, or is it single stack with a 10 round limit, or single stack with 8 in the mag limit? Just so I know what to practice with.

Nevermind I found it. Ryan you are right, 8 round mag limit.

Edited by Mike P

Heavy Metal Handgun Rules per the rules listed.

6.7.3.1.......Handguns must comply with Tactical Handgun rules with the following exceptions.

6.7.3.2............44 caliber bore or larger for all pistols and Revolvers.

6.7.3.3............NO more than 8 rounds allowed in any magazine @ any time.

6.7.3.3.1...........Violation of the 8 round magazine rule will be considered "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" & will result in a Match DQ.

SO there you go. You can use your G^&%k in .45ACP but only have 8 rounds in them.

HOP

Heavy Metal Handgun Rules per the rules listed.

6.7.3.1.......Handguns must comply with Tactical Handgun rules with the following exceptions.

6.7.3.2............44 caliber bore or larger for all pistols and Revolvers.

6.7.3.3............NO more than 8 rounds allowed in any magazine @ any time.

6.7.3.3.1...........Violation of the 8 round magazine rule will be considered "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" & will result in a Match DQ.

SO there you go. You can use your G^&%k in .45ACP but only have 8 rounds in them.

HOP

No mags that hold more than 8 for me, I'm way to careless. Besides, my Colts need some run time just so I don't get too used to "perfection" HA!!