Just scanning over the list of registered competitors so far (slotted people):

GM- 5

M- 26

A- 28

B- 49

C- 44

D- 7

U- 30

Looks like there will be good competition in all of the classes this year. Guess that's what happens on BIG anniversaries like this one. I think it would be great to fill this whole thing up (375)!

Just had my confirmation email come in. I'll be shooting on Friday, May 13. Normally an unlucky day any other time of year, but this day will be different. It'll be my :goof: birthday :goof: so it'll be a very good day.

Saturday and Friday are now full!

Some of the entry's that came in today marked Friday or even Saturday are going to have to be bumped to Thursday.

There is still plenty of room on Thursday right now. Please understand any entry's received from now on will have to shoot Thursday.

Even if they have already been mailed!

Russell

The 2011 Single Stack Nationals are now full on FRIDAY and SATURDAY. The only day left to shoot is THURSDAY. All those listed on the 1911ssc.org website are in the match and should have received an email confirmation. If not, check you junk mail or my email address for is not working. If that is the case drop me a note and I'll forward the confirmation letter to you.

What To Expect

Weather: Spring in Illinois is a very changing season. It can be wet and cold or very warm and dry plus it can be anything in between. Even during the same day! Be prepared for rain I recommend boots, rain wear, and maybe an umbrella. A good idea is putting a garbage bag in your shooting bag. If needed it makes a great cover for your shooters bag. Bring a warm coat and gloves just in case it cools down. Of course it may be shorts weather. Thats what I have ordered anyway! But I dont have any control over it. I know I have tried!

Registration: You will check in at the lobby of the Holiday Inn Quincy 4:00 7:00 pm the day before you shoot. You must register at the Holiday Inn to receive your match gift.

Food: Lunch will be available at the range in Smith & Wesson Hall. Menu will include Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Pork Chop Sandwiches, Salads, Chips, Cookies, Cake, Pie and other goodies. Sandwiches are grilled at the range. The food is really delicious, service is fast and reasonably priced! What more could you ask for!

Parking: Parking is tight. If you can car pool to the range please do so. Parking is in the lot on the of the west side of the road opposite Smith & Wesson Hall. The only vehicles allowed on the range are range staff and official range vehicles. This is a safety issue. Please be understanding and follow directions.

Golf Carts / ATVs: Are not allowed or operated on the range by competitors unless you have a physical handicap and have written permission from the Match Director. This is a safety issue. Violation may result in sever penalties.

Shooters Meeting: There will be a short shooters meeting everyday at the range just before commencement of shooting for the day. Please plan on attending. There may be an announcement or information that you may need.

Stages: Courses of fire are always fairly straight forward and as difficult as you want to make them. Using too much gas will be you into trouble fast! Expect standards, a dark house stage, 3 or 4 speed courses the reminder being field courses. No course of fire will be more than 24 rounds. The history of the match has had no holstered starts and unloaded gun starts. I suggest you practice gun handling, strong and weak hand shooting, tight shots and know your zero!

Awards / Prizes: There is not a traditional prize table. Every competitor will receive a really nice match logoed gift just for shooting the match at check in. In the past there have been Surefire flashlights, knifes, cleaning kits, range bags to name a few. The gift this year is really great but I wouldnt want to ruin the surprise! Of course the winners will be awarded for their performance. The awards ceremony will be Saturday following the end of computation of scores and after competitor validation stage scores review hour. Along with the plaques for the winners usually there are about 20 guns given away by Springfield Armory with usually 5 being high valued custom 1911s built by some well known pistolsmiths.

More than anything else expect to have fun!

Russell Cluver

Match Director

Springfield Armory Single Stack Classic / USPSA Single Stack Nationals

Edited by Supershooter

Is the awards ceremony Saturday night something that people get dressed up for? or do people just show up in their shooting gear?

Leave the tux at home. Saturday shooters will be in their shooting gear.

Dragoon, did you get your slot on Friday? My son got his and I would like to shoot with him. Willing to trade. Bshooter

Yes, I got a Friday slot. PM me your name, USPSA #, etc and I'll e-mail Kathy Lumley and see if we can swap.