Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold .223

velvetant

I would like to try some MG 223 55 fmj but don't want to buy a case of 3500 in case my gun does not like them.

Any one know where I can buy a few hundred for testing?

No 3 gun shooters here at the local club but that was my first place to try with no luck.

My go to load is 25 gr H335 with a Hornady or Win. 55 fmj. The MG bullets are a lot cheaper if I buy a case

See if MG will send you a sample pack. I use them with AA2230 as well with great results out of three different brands of AR barrels.

I did. he just hung up on me, I took that as a NO

I may try some AA2230 when my supply of H335 is gone

Edited by velvetant

• 3 weeks later...

See if MG will send you a sample pack. I use them with AA2230 as well with great results out of three different brands of AR barrels.

:roflol::roflol: This happened to me twice. You would think as often as this must happen that he would offer something like that to us. Go figure.

I am about to ordere a case of these and I was wondering if I can expect accuracy like XM193 or more like hornady or sierr bullets?

if they cost 20% more than Hornady I would still buy them. I get under 1 moa at 200 yards IF I do my part. I still get a flyer with 5 shot groups that push most of my groups just over 1moa. I don't shoot any groups under 200

but I like them

And they have allways been polite to me on the phone ,

I am seeing similar performance to Hornady 55 fmj's which is right at 1moa or a little better. I am running 25 gr of Ramshot Exterminator at mag length and getting 3050-3100 in a 20" Firebird upper.

As to MG's service, I can't tell you the number of times I have been treated well and never experienced a hangup or denial of a request (other than my regular free bullets for life request and Jolene usually just laughs at me :D)

So, how did they work out for you?

Was finally able to make it out. Shoots well in one rifle and so so in another.

Still better then Win FMJ.

Got some ordered, I'll do some more testing with different powders.

Thanks for the help

Thanks guys! I just ordered a case. Now I just need to figure out which powder to use and how much of it???

MG shoot fine,,, about the same as Rem fmj, with a little different point of impact.

24.1 Gr of 2230 gives me 2815fps out of a 16 inch barrel, in 3 AR's I have. my son 13 can hit a 12X12 plate at 400 yds with them.

Jim M ammo

Thanks guys! I just ordered a case. Now I just need to figure out which powder to use and how much of it???

MG shoot fine,,, about the same as Rem fmj, with a little different point of impact.

24.1 Gr of 2230 gives me 2815fps out of a 16 inch barrel, in 3 AR's I have. my son 13 can hit a 12X12 plate at 400 yds with them.

Jim M ammo

Oh great! Now all I am going to be thinking is JIm's 13 year old can hit it why the hell can't you when I'm shooting that new flasher I have. Thanks for the load data.

Jim M ammo

Oh great! Now all I am going to be thinking is JIm's 13 year old can hit it why the hell can't you when I'm shooting that new flasher I have. Thanks for the load data.

Fullauto says that the 24.1 was lite, in his gun,, so you will have to do some testing,, for yourself.

My son was shooting off of a bag, front and back,, wile prone, :rolleyes:

he will have to practice to be able to do it on the run.. :devil:

But the load, will do it.

jim M ammo

Jesse,

I run 24.8gr of AA2230 under 55gr MGs and am very pleased with the accuracy, velocity, and reliability. If you're interested in the complete "recipe" (Brass trim length, OAL, crimp, etc.) send me a PM and I'll share.

Doug

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

• 1 month later...