Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sp2

Rob Bagnato

I noticed a bunch of you are either using or have experience with SP-2. I also tried it and liked it but, I ended up with more powder on the bench than in the case.

I tried the Arendando powder bar. I also put some tape to tighten the fit. Neither fix helped.

I ended up seizing the powder measure. The stuff is like sand. Let me know what you have done to fix this problem. Thanks.

I used the arredondo bar on my 650. I still had a little spill but not nearly as much as with the dillon bar. I actually had to sand the arredondo bar down a little to get it to slide freely in the powder measure the fit was so tight.

Changing powders is probably a good idea unless your one of the lucky ones that can afford to buy it in 55lb drums.

I had one of the SDBs that leaked any type of powder under the bar. I cut a "gasket" out of some paper card stock and it solved the problem. I have no spillage or leakage now whatsoever, including none with SP2 which I've been using lately exclusively.

Nothing special. I just take the powder bar out after each loading session, also the stationary bar above it. Few sweeps with a small brush & put it back together.

I ALWAYS put powder back in the plastic can after loading, so the above adds about one minute to the chore.

Like Chris says, you don't want any gaps or loose tolerances to be there. Fill them in. I even have a paper "gasket" in my SDB primer assy to prevent that kind of flopping around.

not to be a wiseazz, I solved it by changing powders.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious but, the purpose of the post is to gain feedback from those who have expereince using this powder. To respond to your statement. Yes. I changed the powders but, $8.00 a pound for 55lbs is very attractive. If you can get this stuff to work in your powder measure I highly recomend it.